on headphones
I really want a pair.. mainly cause I feel that I have to return my ti's Sony headphones (although I know he's currently using another one.. Sennheiser I think, not sure.)
Also, I would like one to call my own since Sibelius 1.0 has been adopted by someone else that hopefully will love it better than I did. Budget range would be still the same, I think I'd go *max* RM250 (or a little more.. I'm not sure if I'm willing to push it to RM300)
Hmm, price aside.. what would I use the cans for? Would probably use them in the office, to cancel out some voices I prefer not to hear simply because. =P And besides I need something to help me forget where I am (not that where I am is a terrible place, but music can transport me into another dimension that allows me to function better, holds true when I'm coding - once I'm in, I'm in for awhile. and loving every second of it! =P) and focus.
What I listen to? Right now I'm into more musicals, but after VGL I'm drifting back into orchestral/classical/game music, maybe the occasional swing, and finally rock first, then pop. So a good range of treble and bass, not that much into bass, I'd rather more trebles - it's meant to complement, not take over the entire piece. Plus I need clarity on the vocals. So I guess higher end of the frequency band. Will be listening to mostly MP3, otherwise FLAC before I finally get around to converting it to MP3.
Preferences so far (based on my limited time spent on homework and the random web trawling) hmm I would say definitely full headphones, open circumaural otherwise closed would be ok - though it kinda means my ears will get stuffy after awhile.. comfort yes, aesthetics factor yes (preferably in white or some *other* colour apart from black - yea I know, I don't keep white things white for very long though) and some form of adjustment for my fairly small head (hahaha a little less capacity, a little more stupidity please! XD)
On with the shortlist (I know some will not be within my budget range, and I am shallow - I chose based on looks for now.. specs I'll have to do my homework and trim accordingly at some other time)
So far, this is what I've set my eyes on (just one, of course..)
