Saturday, April 10, 2010

prick up your ears and listen

To the peace on midday Saturday.


That was some terrific sleep =3 Good morning world!

Went out to drinks with reeis yesti, and I must say we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Frank was somewhat surprised to see me I guess, since I only frequent Sid's on Tuesdays, but he seemed happy enough XD Love how he greets everyone with a "Good Morning!" Had a pint and some chicken wings, while really talking about everything to do with work and work ethics, and not losing yourself to your job. Which reminded me of something the Devil once said to me, which goes along the lines of "It's not how you screw up, but how you recover from it. After all, everyone's bound to screw up sometime. " True enough, and yet another gem which I keep in mind and take to heart whenever I can. Makes life less stressful. =P

In the car earlier, reeis was like "Shall we move in together?" which is an appealing offer indeed.. Would like to move out sometime, maybe after I get a car and more money to at least support rent for a couple of months. We've given ourself some time to work on it, maybe the middle of next year? 

After I got back home, decided to listen to some of my freshly-obtained music. First up was the soundtrack to "Funny Girl", mainly featuring Barbra Streisand. She has a great voice, and the score is good! It does sound like something of the 60s, hahah! Could be the recording quality or something but it's not a bad thing - adds to the feel of the music. Actually decided to give it a listen because I was blown away by Glee's version of "Don't Rain On My Parade" and also remembering a performance by not one, but two great acts at No Black Tie! More recently was a rendition by Margie Sergers (she has one awesome voice! and a very important person in the jazz scene in Indon) and also the first time I heard it was at a performance by Llew Marsh & co. @ No Black Tie (which I would dearly love to go to again, I think there's one sometime mid-April) where they performed the song "People", and that struck a chord with me too. "People who need people, are the luckiest people in the world!"