I wanna be a student again
The thought kept playing in my mind as I was wandering around the Clayton campus today.
I mean, I've never really studied there, but it *was* my home for 2 weeks for the orientation.. And those were the times that signalled the beginning of fun =)
As I have no longer any form of student access to any of the computers to waste the day with, I borrowed mentor's =3 Was mostly chatting to aichan, oji and the two uncles while playing games on JIG (jayisgames.com love!) and also thinking how wonderful the weather was today.
Slightly windy, sunny and bright with just the right amount of breeze (hey wind is important ok as I was wearing a skirt today... luckily it wasn't too cold =3) so I was just meandering around campus after lunch with mentor @ the Den just under the Library.
Went to pick up the tickets and fill out the dress hire form for graduation too, so that was quick and simple =) Also wandered around the IT faculty, then decided to call upon Marc who was apparently hiding in his room which I conveniently walked past several minutes earlier. Bought us both coffee (thick-faced dude haha! but then again he seems to be constantly broke for some reason or the other, the most recent being his trip to HK on a conference.. so ok la understandable) had a long chat over coffee and the weather outside was soooooooooooooo nice! I miss this kinda weather I tell you.
If yesterday's conversation with mentor involved reminiscing, that was almost nothing compared to today's session. If we sounded like we were in our mid-30s reminiscing, today we must've sounded like we were in our mid-50s reminiscing, hahahaha! We were discussing everything from people we knew, days @ ISA, trips to places, the beloved Dalpura and mentor's 'housewife' days, and other funny things besides. And this was the part that made me miss my experience here the most. I'm so eternally grateful that I have this to constantly reminisce by and remmeber all those lovely times, the comedies and 'tragedies' that happened throughout our experience. Boy, that was good time. =)
After that it was more to musicals and events (lucky mentor got to watch Wicked! I am *so so so so sosososo* totally jealous!) and characters, and a possible sequel musical to the original Phantom of the Opera (sounds very interesting indeed!)
Dinner today was simple, and wow I haven't had mentor's cooking in a *long* time! Pasta with greens and heaps of mushrooms with a generous sprinkling of chili flakes with smoked salmon, nyum! =3
Hiro called while we were talking and then I discovered that we were graduating at the same day, on the same session! Excitingnyer! I won't be graduating 'alone' (hahah I say this with inverted commas since practically my entire family and ah koo+wife and ah yee will be here except for korg who's got work *sulk*) Managed to get extra tix too so I've got 6 guest tix, one more and *everyone* will be able to go, lessee - mom, dad, ti, guama, ahkoo, ahkoo's wife, ah yee. Yeps, 7 in all! XD Can't wait, can't wait!
Also, I need to sniff out ah yee's place near Cheltenham.. this will be a good exploration, maybe on Friday or something. Timing, timing! =3 But I've got the directions down pat, so should be okay kua.
______
Tomorrow should be good, heading back to where it all began - Gippsland! XD
Meeting up with Eileen and staying overnight @ Dalpura! I'm so excited, much should have changed since I left, and I wanna go see what's happened to all of it now. I might be happy, I might be sad, but I wanna go see what's happened to the place. It's gonna be good! And I'll be a jolly tiang lampu while I'm at it. Yesirree! Also, in my haste and bad geographical skill I'd forgotten Warragul isn't really that far from Churchill, so I thought Byron had moved out. Then he had to tell me "I'm still living at Dalpura lah." eeps! =P
Oh, and it'll be cloudy/rainy-ish for the rest of the week.
aiyah.
