bbqnite
I think, when we meet up with friends, no matter who they are, we kinda turn our own clocks back in different ways. It's like after months of not meeting, we're transported back to the times where we're uni students/college students/sec school students once again. We'd behave as we did then, although the topics we'd talk about would be different - but our mind has that season of childhood of the time, and we bring it to the present just to.. hmm.. kinda relive our memories of those days.
It's great, really. =)
Also, bbq is a great way to get people up and going. Everyone would go to the kitchen to see YK/cw squeeze lime, cut cincau and make the cocktail for the night (which is quite nice, by the way! we finished all 0f the drink~) cooking chicken wings aren't as easy as it looks, not when we're all retards when it comes to guessing if food is cooked. Mantra for the evening - "If it ain't cooked, toss it back on the bbq" worked pretty well. We ate almost continuously, I think from 8PM to about 11ish(?) while everyone was making all sorts of 'wrong' comments and everyone *else's* minds diving straight for the gutter.
So contributors & attendees (who arrived in order):
- jord: haha this dude tried to call me at 2pm to drop off the stuff earlier, but I missed all 8 calls he made. he brought almost an army of chicken chops and 2 packs of sausages. (I went "omg.. I didn't need to buy chicken..") and I requested that he brought drinks, ice and a packet of tin foil cause I wasn't sure who was going to bring drinks.
- calvin: came with yk, brought prawns.
- yk: had calvin for company, brought potato salad.
- ammar: brought some packs of ice, and pandan chicken which smelt and tasted pretty good! by this time we were going "omg sooo much chicken! chicken party!"
- cw: the main organizer of this event, who got lost for a good 10 mins before she showed up at my house going "omg I made it!" brought ingredients for this great drink (cincau + lime + longan cocktail) and some pizza dough which made all sorts of shapes and sizes (as manipulated by her and ammar... panties! and kain buruk =P)
We were laughing. Alot. Over the silliest things, over nothing, over cooking, over the marshmallows, over urinals/toilets, over funerals and shoving food onto people's plates... among other things that I can't seem to recall. It was like one continuous story after another (that make some *real* good conversations imo) and watching someone 'flap their wings' after eating chicken was funny XD
Packing up was pretty easy cause the guys helped out, which was nice of them =) After they left, not much to except help clean up the rest of the bits, store the cutlery, pack and freeze the army of chickens (haha!) and ... take a good shower. Man bbq makes one really sweaty. Thank goodness it didn't rain (heavily, it drizzled a little)
Talked about work, things about work, work nature.. ah we are so 'grown up'. About pay, office stories, routines and habits, stuff like that. And cw plans to explore India soon, I envy her =) She's got the adventurous streak in her, which is great~ daring to explore and see what the world has to offer.
I love it when we get together.. moar! =3
Tomorrow I'll be out with the S9 gang, which should be another evening of good fun =)
