rambles
Just got back from the company dinner, had a good time.. and heaps of good food. And lots of rowdy people yamseng-ing all over the place. Oh drunkards are fun to observe! And it's fun to dress up on Mondays sometimes, it helps dissipate the blues. Food was great, sharks' fin and all.. Ate till we nearly exploded, and Jules' ears were so red at the end of the evening.. so were some others. =P I just happen to be one of the people who look exactly the same even after 6 glasses of wine. Haha to make it a complete 'wedding dinner' atmosphere all we had to do was just have a functioning karaoke set and all hell would break loose. Really really.
Although I still had to go home to change into more comfy gear, skirts just ain't my thing. Well form-fitting skirts anyway. =O
Been trying to get back into swing *regularly* since I missed out on heaps during the year end.. And brush up more! before I head to my first lindy camp *ever*! (I is excited yes)
Registered for SeaJam 2010, I cannot wait to go! Ming was asking me the other day - "Since you never attend classes, what you plan to do there?" I just replied "I'll just show up and spectacularly fail at them then =)" which.. is.. probably true enough. How*ever* it'll be nice to go back to Singapore, with a different gang of people and for a different reason, and for the past week or so I've been stressing over what to wear for the 3 social nights there.. awh I love and hate dressing up at the same time, my cupboard just isn't very costume-y! Plan to head to guama's one weekend and dig around, see if she's got anything I can use.
I can't believe I mixed up the timing for the dinner, it was yesterday instead of this coming weekend! I feel so malu. *runs away and buries head in sand*
Work has been good all round, been grasping things ok, working on IRIS and helping Elaine smooth things out on both her end and the user end. Heaps to do, heaps to figure out, lots of things to learn.
Lunchmates / colleagues have been good to me, I'm still adjusting to the canto/mando talk.. I can understand most but I still have to engrish-fy my conversation. No biggie I suppose, just a matter of adjustment. I won't forgive myself if I ended up being one of those people who "definately kenot spel or is has fantabulos gremar", so I'll have to remind myself about that =P
With CNY around the corner, I've got to help with the decor around the house, and mom says because the kitchen area is so luan this year, what with all the improvements and stuff going on about the house, cooking the CNY faves this year isn't going to be a reality. However there's still guama's lou ak to look forward to so we'll survive! =3
Hope my aunt & family are doing fine in Melb, theymoved about a month ago (when this week ends) and I hope they settle in ok, they're still staying at a friend's place.. Can't wait to skype them properly and hear everyone being as noisy as they always were. May's starting school this week, hope she's doing ok.. Ming should be at summer school, Tsing should be starting college, and Wey should be going to kindy. Hahah I bet at the end of 6 months or so (winter break) when they come back here, I'm gonna hear some *real* Aussie slang that I failed to bring back (ahah not that I could anyway, I hung out with so many non-Aussies that I think its next to impossible unless I'm purposely faking it, only possible when talking to Aussies so, go figure? =P)
Got a popped blister on my 2nd toe, hurts! T_T and I've gotta wear shoes to work too, not to mention all my slippers are flip-floppies.. gah!
