triple b = bobby’s birthday bash
Today was an extremely fun day XD went out to Sunway Lagoon with fellow S9ers (kenken, houhou, bobby, huahua, jiun, chinyuan) and Klangians (I suppose this is how I would categorize them – evelyn and choryeow) to celebrate a very special (and double plus being very memorable) event; chengyee’s birthday!
Woke up at about 9am (despite having slept at 2am I think…which is good, since I’ve been pigging out by waking up at 1130am) and rushed around packing stuff. Couldn’t find my white shorts (which are very comfortable, oh well) or any other shorts so I had to turn my room upside down before finding something presentable. Just in time too, cause soon after houhou and yeehua came to pick me up (in his green Mercedes and not the Prado), and off we went~
On the highway, we missed a turn (which took us for a detour to Shah Alam before turning back), nearly got his car scratched, and nearly got another car to hit him from behind because he made a split-second decision to turn right when he’s already on the leftmost lane. This was only the start of things to come for houhou, although at that time we didn’t realize it yet.
When we reached Pyramid, houhou sent off the pictures to print and me+yeehua went to rendezvous with chengyee at Starbucks. Then kenken called to confirm buying tix (wow, they were actually there at 10, strange for one whose usual habit was to appear late XP) Waited around for abit for chinyuan, jumped into his Kancil (all 4 of us actually fit in it~ I was doubting that) and drove off to get parking before heading to the Lagoon entrance. Met up with Klangians and were about to go in, then jiun called to ask us to wait up for him; it’s a good thing he lives nearby. ^__^
First thing to do was to stuff all the stuff into lockers. Man, it costs 3 bucks~ so we made sure to cram EVERYTHING in it XD Not to mention all eyewear, footwear, backpacks, wallets (but yeehua brought this plastic bag for us to keep money in – smart of her XD) and so chengyee was as blind as a bat. Nearly. I think chengyee wanted to go to the WetPark first, but majority wins, and so we went to the DryPark. =D One thing about walking around Lagoon barefooted, once the sun is up high, the tiles are freaking hot. So half the time we were jogging or half-jumping (I think this applies to chinyuan and tongjiun)
I think the first thing we sat on was the spinning cups thingy, where we successfully got dizzy (or drunken, as chinyuan puts it as we could barely walk straight after) on top of screaming for no apparent reason. XP oh, and we all made sure the cup span the fastest it could (for the heck of it) and yeah, I’d say we did a good job. Especially when the rest of us were yelling about how dizzy we were, and the madcaps like houhou, choryeow, chinyuan and jiun made it spin even faster XD
The next was some roller coaster ride, which I forgot the name. At this point of time, names don’t really matter. Chengyee was just that excited to get the fun going. Houhou claims he has a phobia for coasters, which makes it more fun XD hehehe and chengyee saw her juniors from her school (all shirtless and all lala-ish XD) And also since it’s the first coaster ride for the day, I must have felt extra jumpy for the first one. Which initially, it was. The ride was quite good, but the last drop was so tame it was really potong stim (nevertheless the most potong stim had to be “War of the Worlds”, which I could never quite bring myself to forgive) but that prepared me for the rest of it. If one thing builds up the fear, it has to be the queue quickly shrinking and at that very moment you get seated and secured. Definitely. Of course, not forgetting the actual process of rising up slooowly, and the short pause before it rushes downwards which takes your breath away so that your screams can’t really be heard. I guess the scariest thing has to be dropping backwards or dropping into the dark. Luckily, there were no drops starting back first. So one out of two ain’t so bad.
Then the flume ride. Our (me+huahua+evie) sending off yell to chengyee’s boat (with tongjiun and chinyuan): “Happy Birthday ChengYee!” before hearing the 3 of them scream as they dropped~ and since we were right behind them, well, no need to tell what happened. Stupid thing about this flume ride is that boy its blardy tiring supporting yourself by holding on to metal bars at the side which were wet and slippery and the seats have no dividers, so that we gradually slid backwards... with the added fact that the upward climb was, as most coaster-style rides, slow. Real slow. The clinking of metal as we were climbing the slope wasn’t exactly comforting either…so we chatted for abit until we felt the recline gradually decrease, and increase downward. XD
Went for some river rapids thingy where you sit in a boat and they send you off to get soaked. I suppose when they painted the sign which says “You will get wet in this ride” they really meant it. I had a tendency to overlook it because most of the time all they do is sprinkle you with little wisps of water. The furthest they’d go is to make you that little bit wetter but still presentable. This was another matter. When they say wet, prepare to get drenched. So it’s a good thing we’re all wearing swimwear.
Chengyee and chinyuan (the 2 cy’s) were happily rushing off to the Ferris wheel which was kinda funny since they really looked like little kids. I suppose if hengteng were here he’d be the one right behind them in equal enthusiasm =) So we all followed. And since there was the roller coaster ride right next to us with people heading towards the top of the slope, we just hollered at them for fun. XD and since it was windy at the time, after having sat through the wetter rides in the DryPark, it was chilly for abit. XP
I think that’s all we did at the DryPark. Now for the WetPark, well chengyee was so excited about this. XD I’m glad we did though; it was super fun~ After not having been to Lagoon for goodness-knows-how-long, it made me wonder what a fool I’ve been not to go back there. And also since this time I went with friends the fun factor amplified by at least 100. =D Solely because of all the silly and fun things we did.
Went on every ride and slide and whatever you can find there. How could I not? XD So naturally we dragged her around (or was it the other way round? XP) Played abit in the water where it goes in a circular track. If there’s one disgusting fact, the water is slightly murky and it tastes slightly funny (if you snort it in or gulp it down by accident, either way it’s not really a good thing) which gives you the idea that it stinks (you can interpret the word however you want to, it’ll probably be right) before going on to the first slide.
It was slide after slide after slide. XD All of us went for the first slide (using a float in an ‘8’ shape); I paired up with evie. At first I had this silly thought that it was going to be as bad as the DryPark but I realize that couldn’t be the case (come on, you maneuver the float, how bad could it possibly be?) and it was super fun too. Evie reminded me once we were reaching the end: “Lean back, lean back!” which I did. First time I didn’t know how to get out of the float, so I fell out of it @__@. Now for the 2nd time we went on the 2nd type of slide (I didn’t’ know the rest moved on, and we were looking for them, so okay, since we didn’t see them we just went another round), I entirely forgot to lean back (cause I still thought there was abit more and partly cause it was so much fun sliding), so evie got thrown out of the float right at the bottom where the slide ended. It was funny, but I realize it was my fault. Sorrryyyy~~~
Next slide involved using a mat and lying flat on it facing the water as we slid down. Like racing. XD fun~ but I forgot to take a breath before we crashed into the water so water went up the wrong channel. @___@ not a fun feeling to have ‘stinky’ chlorinated water up the nose. *nodnods*
After that we took a short break to get a bite to eat. After dunking chengyee into the water, and all the wet rides and slides, the money was dripping wet XP It also wasn’t until then that houhou realized he lost his RM50 note he stuck in his pocket. He felt really down right then. Went up to the deck where it was windy and nice just to sit around and take a breather from the slides and water. Dripping wet and hungry to boot, it was a welcome change. Right about now my throat was hoarse from mindlessly screaming…The sunny weather was suddenly disrupted with a sudden light rain. Good thing this one didn’t last.
So we headed down to the ‘beach’ and played there for awhile. Chengyee got chokeslammed a few times and we kept on throwing her into the water. After chinyuan took off his shirt, we made all the guys take off theirs (kenken was a pushover, he didn’t wanna get raped, so he voluntarily took it off before we even started. *piffety*). Even if it meant forcing them to take it off (i.e. raping them – sorry fishball, it’s appropriate here even in a joking manner) which was what happened to choryeow (somehow I don’t really remember this, but we got it off him anyway), evie (this was fun to watch, it was actually the guys grabbing her and taking off her top while the girls watched, well the fun thing about her was that she’s sporting XD), houhou (he put up a good fight, damn we had a hard time getting him to get his shirt off, but awhile later he took it off himself) and jiun (who fought for awhile before voluntarily taking it off), in correct order (I think).
We(chinyuan+yeehua+me) were trying to teach chengyee how to float, and somehow she couldn’t relax while we were trying to teach her, so she sank regardless how much we tried to tell her not to be so tense. @_@ about here someone (I forgot who) was saying, “I thought chickens can float?” with the reply, “This one can’t float even with a float…” (referring to their Penang trip)
And there was a fair bit of losing shirts, in an actual sense. Cause we were playing around in the water so much (especially during the raping, since a lot of struggling and laughing was involved) so we spent quite abit of time searching for evie’s and choryeow’s shirts. Ironically, it’s pretty difficult to find white shirts in a ‘pool’ which has a dark blue floor. XP Kudos to kenken for finding choryeow’s shirt as we were beginning to think it floated into the drainage, in which case the chances of retrieving it are zero.
Went to rent 2 ‘8’ floats which cost us RM40 (20 for deposit and the other 20 for the actual renting) and headed back to the circular track of water which would lead us to the ‘waterfall’~ ooh this was when the craziness heightened. 9 people on 2 floats... XD I don’t care how we did it, we did XDXD 4-4 division with choryeow lying between both floats. A number of things happened to us:
- We went around 4 times, and screaming each time we were drenched with fairly high-pressure water (either from above or sudden burst of water from the wall) in the dark tunnel. We also were the cause of some ‘traffic jams’ as trying to keep 2 ‘8’ floats together practically covered the width of the track.
- And there was the usual falling off the float, most of the time it being jiun, houhou and chinyuan, due to us rocking the float wildly like a bunch of idiots and yelling, screaming and singing at the top of our voices when we felt like it.
- I looove the waterfall (this was the main reason we went around 4 times), it’s so relaxing just to get massaged by it XD and lucky choryeow was lying across, so he was probably the most comfortable. Until the sharp bursts of water hit the wrong places. *laughs*
- Choryeow’s and evie’s shirts got lost…again. Spent abit of time circling the track looking for it. Like the previous time, it was found. So not much worries there. ^__^
- While jiun was trying to get up on the float (he wanted to jump into the water, or was it just getting off the float... I don’t remember) he slipped and fell onto evie. Seriously man, poor girl. And jiun’s not exactly light either. We were making fun of jiun after that though. Something about getting high XPXPXP
- Houhou and jiun had this brilliant idea to overturn the float with me and evie in it. So we fell head first into the water which was shallow, and both of us had pretty nasty bumps on our head. I hit the back of my head, and was dazed for awhile @___@ the bump was a pretty big one. And boy, it hurts. I think Evie was worse off, she hit her head so hard she was practically tearing (you could see it even though her face was soaked with water and we were standing under the waterfall)
I think after the 4th round, we decided to head back to the beach. We tried the slide by the right, which was a small one but fun nonetheless XD we had this race to see who would reach the bottom first (the lightest wins – so duh chinyuan was the fastest) he was on super-hyper mode, cause he couldn’t stop sliding down. Hahhaa~ he was being a complete kid, going up and down several times and yelling to us while sliding. His screams are loud. Really really.
Then we jumped onto the floats (again, but no choryeow lying across) and kenken pulled us out to the deeper end (he’s the tallest among us – not to mention the weakest XDXD, so I guess he’s the one who could wade out deepest). While trying to get onto the float, I experienced by first muscle pull of the day. @_____@ it hurts. Didn’t go too far since the swimmers were pretty tired once we reached the 1.75m mark (hey, some of them actually swam there =D). So me+yeehua just sat there, with chengyee was rocking one of the floats while the swimmers (houhou, evie, jiun, chinyuan, choryeow, kenken) were diving off the other one. Houhou’s first dive landed with a slap, so I can bet that one hurt. The better divers were jiun, chinyuan and evie. Hey, evie was a state swimmer, so I wouldn’t be surprised. =D
At 5pm, we headed back to shower and change. Damn, I didn’t bring a towel or soap. Bah, I figured I’ll take a proper bath when I get home. Chlorine does wonders, my hair was real stiff and I reeked of it. And it’s real difficult getting into a pair of jeans while the entire floor of the changing room is wet.
On exiting, we waited at the lockers for the rest to get the rest of their stuff. Surprise, surprise, we saw sishen, our ex-classmate who’s gone off to America to study, looks like he’s back for a holiday. Chatted with him for abit before actually getting out. We parted ways at Pyramid, and wished chengyee again before they (with jiun and chinyuan) left. =D We (the rest of us) headed to Fish & co. for a short snack before saying good-bye. Ooh, we saw Emily working at the next door restaurant too~
Houhou drove huahua to the kelana station. On the way there was a jam, so we chatted to prevent houhou from falling asleep, although his car was so comfy we were tempted to. Here he’s thankful he didn’t drive the Prado, since it’s hell driving a manual in a jam. I realize hou drives me a lot. XD I’m so glad for that, and this time too~ thanks so much~ he’s one of the rare friends I have who drive me around. I guess this means I’ll have to get my driving license soon too, otherwise I won’t be able to return the favour.
I believe all of us had more fun than we expected, which was a good thing, and it’s prolly the most happening way to celebrate a birthday; with friends, with fun, with craziness. Wow. I’m pretty sure the birthday girl enjoyed it too, didn’t you? *winks*
And yeah, strangely, today’s also houhou’s super unlucky day. One crap event after enough set his mood off, I’m sorry about it. But do cheer up, things could have been alot worse, which it didn’t. And you can’t deny the fact that you enjoyed yourself too. ^__^
Ooh, and before the day is out, happy 18th birthday once again chengyee. XD
