Sunday, November 4, 2007

strangeness.

I remember there was some kind of dessert-tasting event where among my friends there were legions of unknowns; we'd sit in tables with the food laid out on them. Funny that this wasn't a formal event, instead it looked like a mass night-time picnic - outdoors under the starlit sky.

However, when I got there I realised there wasn't much space left. I just remember me and nick sitting at a table, and when I turned around I saw guanguan (I also found that dreaming of guanguan was rather random) sitting at another table alone-ish. I asked him to join us, and he said he was waiting for his other friends. I do remember some of the food on the table; a blueberry cheesecake, some tarts, and probably custard/creme caramel served with wine or spirits of some sort, I cannot remember. At the end of it most people were tipsy/drunk randomly walking around in random directions.

The last sentence I remember dreaming of was someone holding my hand, saying

"I notice how weird you've been acting lately..."
And then I woke up.

Which was effing strange. Mainly strange because I made myself wake up right after that. I remember thinking, "It's time to wake up. Should be quite late by now..." Made me sad cause I knew the outcome of that story. Or maybe I didn't want to know the ending.

I also remembered something else which was entirely random and strange.

I remember myself going to some dikir barat performance. The last one I've seen was probably sometime in high school. Sitting cross-legged on the floor, watching them perform (and for some reason the tune wasn't even memorable). I was probably some sort of reporter covering for an event since I had to interview a few foreigners on their thoughts of it. The funny thing about this dikir barat was that the performers also danced some traditional-looking dance while singing, which struck me as kinda weird cause the only kind of dancing that I remember associated with dikir barat is swaying from side to side while singing and playing the kompang or gong or whatever handheld instrument they use and maybe throw in some healthy amounts of rhythmic clapping.

2 entirely random and unrelated dreams.

*shrugs*

----------------
Now playing: m-flo - magenta rain
via FoxyTunes