Thursday, March 27, 2008

of turning the tables on a lost cause

Half my holidays gone, and WEKA being the current bane of my life.

My project? Finally I have a client, finally I have a project, now it's time to move things along. Sadly I had a little bout of uncontrolled temper when I saw my to-be uni supervisor (everyone who has had a subject with him anywhere in it was sure to make his 'good' habits known to me, since I was fortunate not to have chanced upon his unfortunate being) who obviously didn't look that bit enthused that he had to handle a group like us, and likewise hearing him address me like a lowly being (or so my brain told me at the time) I was just about ready to bury the hatchet into his back. But you know, I don't have time nor should I expend so much effort and anger into someone like that. Just deal with it and before you know it a year will fly faster than a speeding bullet.

Went to B2BE on Tuesday and Yong greeted me at the door, to which I said a "Hi!" abit too loudly, causing the rest of the office to give me a "wtfnoob" stare. But that aside the meeting went ok. Gonna go again tmr morning.

Done about half of my Network Security assignment, working now on the Data Mining assignment. Shit WEKA really kills my patience - those algorithms really take their own sweet time. I just wonder how far I'm supposed to manipulate those training parameters, if I really play around with all it's gonna take me ages to finish one. @_@ Thankfully I'm halfway through the first one. I've decided; 3 algorithms is enough. And then they had to give this 10-page limit. I hope it all fits la. Haven't even gotten round to reading my text for the Operating Environments one. I hope I have enough time.

Devoured The Looking Glass Wars in less than 3 days. It's pretty good, wanna get the next one - Seeing Redd. I think all this stemmed from reading Wicked one too many times. Thanks El =) Oh how delightful, all the little twists and turns and neuroticism of both the author and the characters. Imagination is powerful, yes. =)

Before that, though, I was reading "Son of a Witch" and I find that well, it didn't captivate me as much as Wicked. And I also realized that the two books have a similar theme, although recurring in different places and in a slightly different context. Both have fallen cities waiting for a saviour, both have a saviour from a foreign reality (although one originated from that reality, and another didn't) and both downplay the male role. =D Although "Son of a Witch" was about Liir, but people still focused on Elphaba's history and alot of things associated to it. And the Looking Glass Wars, well, the name Alyss Heart says all.