an interesting weekend
Well, it's pretty self-explanatory, the title.
Saturday's Open Day wasn't exactly what you'd call bursting with excitement, but it was fun nonetheless. Those who ventured to the 4th floor would be serenaded by the melody of "Do, a deer, a female deer.. " (shame on you if you don't know the song!)
Got to uni at about 9-ish, where after a quick chat with Serena on what to do, I headed to the caf and we (together with Choon Ling, David and JJ (was it? =P don't remember haha!)) were having a quick brekkie of the chewiest tuna croissant ever and some tea.. after that we went back to our designated posts (mine was up to the Networking Lab) where I saw my partner for the day, my once upon a time FIT1005 lecturer, Weng Kee =D haha apparently he specifically requested for me to be his assistant/crony for the day.
The first part of the day was pretty boring, not much people came up to visit us, so we were fiddling around with the networking stuff - he gave me a quick crash course on the patch panels, switches, routers and how to roam around the router settings using Telnet.
After a quick lunch, back to resume the 2nd part of the day. Now this was where it got pretty interesting (for us anyway). He was fiddling around with this microproccessor software which would send hardware instructions to the Intel 8051 board which in turn would send the instructions to a speaker to make sounds (or in this case, the default tune was a one-octave one-way scale of C Major which was starting to annoy me) and then we got around to talking about music.
At this point it ended up somehow with me telling him how the timing of the notes are like and how to calculate how long to hold a note in a given piece of a given speed.. and then when he finally got it he was suggesting, "Hey why don't you finish up this year then do a research paper with me next year on this?" haha! It would be fun I guess but I'll see how it goes..
Anyway, after this point we decided to tweak the program to play a proper tune (he suggested the song, haha) and we spent the next 90 minutes or so getting the notes and the timing right.. and he even hooked it up to the loudspeaker so that the entire floor would be able to hear the song.. >_> hahah! it was so amusing! And fun at the same time. At last after we were quite satisfied with our "masterpiece" he ran off to look for an audience, but in vain.
The End.
After that, met up with Ken, Sue-Li and Cynthia @ Midvalley. Ken abit skinnier from the last time I saw him? Haha!
The funniest thing about that outing was.. The three of us (together with Ken & Cynthia) were talking happily, maybe outside Guess? when SOMETHING fell out of the sky and hit my head! Cynthia bent down to pick it up while Ken was busy laughing at me rubbing the spot where Object X fell and hey-ho, we discovered the culprit to be...
a female earrinG.
BLOODY HELL DUNNO HOW TO WEAR EARRINGS MEH! And more importantly, you'd have to be in some hell of a position for it to fall from your ear! @_____@
It was p r e t t y d a m n painful.
The End.
__________________________
Sunday was fun cause it was Father's Day!
In the morning, went out with mom and dad to have chee cheong fun + curry sauce for breakfast (ultimate yum XD) and then help mom with grocery shopping, these wet markets are unbelievable! Cheap and really good stuff! Although with the oil prices, *grumble grumble* Dropped by Bangsar awhile after cause I was trying to look for arborio rice but in vain! So I settled for the short-grain rice to try and make risotto for lunch. It wasn't a great success but it didn't flop so I was okay with it. Everyone thought it tasted pretty okay so I'm glad for that =) And that's how the first half of the day went.
For dinner, guama and ah yee and family came over for a Father's Day BBQ dinner! {Prawns, chicken, kebabs, salad... aaahhh... makes me tum rumble just thinking about it. And on the same night we decided to hold a surprise celebration for ah yee cause her bday's next week! Friday, to be exact! Wei wei now has Delta cause he wouldn't let it go once he took it off the shelf. sigh! I hope he didn't mutilate it cause its a gift from aichan ~___~
Therefore I didn't get to do much studying.
The End.
__________________________
I woke up at 6-freaking-30-AM. I think I was worried that I still had a fair bit to cover for the day so that stopped me from sleeping in. Aichan came sevenish, so we left immediately after. =D Had breakfast of roti telur and Milo XD Funny I couldn't finish my roti telur.. bleh maybe I wasn't that hungry thinking of all the work I'd have to catch up on.
Reached uni nine-ish, and worked straight till 1130AM. aichan kept whining that she was hungry every few minutes so we left for lunch, and besides I was getting hungry looking at the packed sandwiches we made. XDXDXDXD Lunch consisted of egg+corn sandwiches and potato+cucumber salad and ham+cheese+tomato sandwich. It was a light lunch but it was yummyyy~~~ we're still at a crossroads for tomorrow's lunch but we'll figure it out =)
Ate quite alot of candy while studying. Finished my Poifull and ate 2 Werther's candies. @____@ I think I'm quite sugar-ed out for the day.
The End.
During the day Alex and the rest of the Computer Science students were chilling in the lab, enjoying their last few moments of happiness before facing their supposedly hardest paper.. I dunno, there was alot of math involved from what I could hear them discuss.
Throughout their discussion they managed to fit in snippets of crap which I couldn't help but laugh to, it's super random! At one point of time, Alex was calling someone a geek and a nerd and a dweeb, and we proceeded to enlighten ourselves on the three terms via wiki. Wikipedia proves its usefulness once more for a totally useless reason XDXDXD
The End.
__________________________
I'm hungry.
