rambling from behind a desk
Been awhile since I've posted. Not really busy with work (haha!) and my router got shot. *sigh!
Earth Hour was over the last weekend. And I'll say it was fun to sit in the dark, just chatting with my parents outside on the swings cause the street lights were so bright. Haha we went to Starbucks after just for kicks and sat there talking about how to actually have more similar 'Earth Hours' at home, and about coffee, our favourite flavours, that sort of stuff. I still think green is cool.
____________________________
Dates are coming closer, closer, and I'm stuck in a rut.
____________________________
I finally finished sorting all my music! My music which has been piling for the last 4 months or so.. finally gone into their proper folders! Such an achievement =3
____________________________
Current read: Alexandre Dumas - Man in the Iron Mask
Like the other Dumas books I've read, one word says it all: scandalous. I was telling oji, if they had telenovelas in the 16th century, this would be the creme of the crop. I swear. But it makes pretty good reading, I haven't really traveled far with this book. I've seen what happens to D'Artagnan, Aramis and Porthos. And this Raoul character strikes me to be almost as pathetic as the one in Phantom of the Opera. I don't know, I haven't read enough.
Listening to: Angela Aki - Requiem
This has to be my favourite song from her album 'Answer' apart from the song 'Answer' itself. Like emulating another Freddy Mercury's We Are The Champions. I mean, the shift in the feel of the music.
Current *other* good listens that jump out at me:
utada hikaru - Come Back To Me
Another good one by utada, in her.. 3rd English album? Some of the tracks sound quite similar so sometimes I really can't tell which song is plying, but this one is really good.
ikeda ayako - Prism
I think her voice.. is 'quiet' but has punch. hmm, quiet as in I think she has good control over her voice, so everything looks easy for her. And the one reason that she really stood out was cause I keep remembering this compliment aichan said about me sounding like her. haha!
Can't remember all.. too many after listening to them while sorting out my music. =P
____________________________
I'm poisoning myself to get a Jphone!
I've always wanted a flip/clamshell phone... and nothing beats Sharp/Toshiba models, they're just damn nice to look at and are power-packed la! They're long and slim, and the 930SH has a freaking 8MP camera, even better than my Olympus la.. all on a phone! Prolly will wait till it goes down to RM2,500 or so (if it *ever* does) before I'll look at it again. A pity most of the JP functions like GPS, mail, TV and i-mode can't be used here so I'll look at the TW versions which doesn't have to go through all the hacks(hypersim/BBsim and media unlocking).. I'm mortally afraid of it suddenly dying on me. Besides, even after all the hacks you still can't use GPS & Internet functions.. so add that on top of the other JP functions that's more than half the phone functions you can't use.
The JP hacks don't come cheap either. Been trawling LYN, the sim hack costs aroun RM100+ and the media unlock card (for Softbank-locked phones) cost a whopping RM300+. @___@ Most of them package at least the sim hack with the phones.. so for Docomo-locked phones it's not so bad.. and then again Docomo-locked phones CPR often. haha I think it's a cute term, CPR.. I think it means that it will suddenly die on you if you walk into a network dead zone and you have to revive it by restarting the phone or something, thus performing.. CPR? =P
Still thinking about it..
____________________________
I wanna watch House! Damnit.
____________________________
mamak session with jyan and ernie on Friday.
going out with chickenwing & her cousins on Saturday.
No Black Tie with oji on Tuesday/Wednesday?
ku ma's coming on Thursday.
Finally some action! XD
