Chinese New Year’s Eve (also known as the Reunion dinner day)
So I didn’t have a reunion dinner; I had a reunion lunch. Guama came over at about 11-something and brought over her lou ak (duck) and steamed chicken XDXD (It’s a super-treat since it only makes its appearance for New Year) and curry and hai xiang (sea cucumber… no one would believe those tiny things when soaked would balloon into sluggy-looking things 4 times its size o_o) Mom did some steamed codfish (which tastes great XD) but she didn’t do the pork with yam which korg likes… prolly cause she’s too busy with work. Of course, a reunion meal is never really complete without steamboat. =D Everyone practically pigged out, seeing all those empty Tupperware of what was supposed to be pork balls, tofu, mushrooms, prawns, fishballs, yee mee, beehoon…. >_>
Now, the reunion dinner was arranged by ah yee so that it would coincide with weiwei’s full moon. Weiwei is my new cousin XDXDXD It still feels somewhat awkward that I should have a cousin that’s 18 years younger than me... kinda gives me the idea that I’m that old (already?! T__T) so there it was; our family and entire of ee tio’s family. One really really huge gathering at a restaurant at the Equestrian Club of sorts… I’m not even sure what the name of the place is.
My initial shock was seeing longlong; he had this really weird hairstyle, something that looks like one spike sticking out from the center of his head (yes, for a four-year-old, it’s not something you see everyday) but he still looks that cute~ (If I recall, he’s got his own fan club, within the family, of course… headed by his dad who actually sings him praises – especially when he’s drunk) and ah ham XP (well, that’s what I call him, since he’s so freaking perverted. man, kids these days are really catching on too early…)
The first thing ming had to say to me was “What is this…All the girls look like princesses today but you…” Kinda true, since I was the only one wearing a shirt and checkered jacket and jeans while the rest of the female kind actually dressed up (I seriously mean in a proper Oriental-style top and a pretty skirt) and kimkim looked quite pretty ^__^ Including Alicia who, according to ming, ‘acts like a girl of twelve even though she’s only four’. She does strike that thinker pose most of the time, is quiet and obedient which is rare in toddlers, and she observes (a lot, even though it actually is just staring hard/blank at something or the other).
I don’t remember eating much that night, more of talking, and looking at weiwei (it’s quite amazing how he sleeps through the racket at the restaurant), and kacau-ing ah ham and longlong, while wondering since when tsing started to be almost as lame as ti… the cousin effect is like a infectious disease. Since weiwei’s eyebrows are quite fine, it looks as though he doesn’t have any, which gives him this gangster-ish look. Korg joked about this in relation to the Nokia cinema advert where an El Pacino lookalike asks the viewers to ‘toin off dat phone!’ since weiwei really defines that entire line in one look XD Especially if he’s just woken up and looking (if I can even call it looking, his looks are questioning – or should I say questionable XPXPXP)
