Friday, January 27, 2006

an outing with an amusing bunch.

Not a bad movie to draw the curtains to. It’s...painful, in a word. The fight sequences were nice to watch; I could practically feel their bones break. A -prakk- sound every few seconds really gets to you after awhile. Jet Li’s moves have this particular sequence – after a series of repeated elbows, then another punch. Or after a few of the same kicks, another fancy hand move. I can’t really describe it, there’s a pattern if you look close enough.

Jet Li looks kinda haggard in this movie. This just goes to show that humans age too~ all the make-up in the world cannot hide that fact. Ai-chan worships him mainly because of those ‘Once Upon A Time In China’ movies (which is actually nice to watch…)

Apparently it’s based on a true story~ I have no idea since I can’t really read Chinese. >_> It’s about the founder of WuShu. A Malay proverb comes to mind; “Setinggi-tinggi tupai lompat, akhirnya jatuh ke tanah juga”. Ambition is good, until it turns to greed. Not the entire story, but some part of it I can sum up in these two lines. ^__^ And the other half, is a journey of turning over a new leaf.

Nakamura Shindou is so damn cool XDXDXD He plays a Jap fighter Tanaka Anno with lots and lots of chivalry~ I suppose noone can resist a characteristic like that. Although I still feel that scene where he is talking about tea over tea with Jet Li is pretty ahpo-ish… Being philosophical is good, sure… but the idea just popped in… XP And I don’t care what you think, if you take off his facial hair and tweak abit here and there, Yauchuan definitely bears some resemblance to this guy.

Thank goodness there’s no real active female role in this show… it would have ruined everything.

Went to 1u at about 430pm. Lounged around for abit in the bookstore (I was so tempted to type ‘library’) and there were these Chinese Indons that were just goofing around the bookstore making noise. <_< Then I reminded myself, ‘This isn’t a library anyway…’

Ai-chan went to get her second ear piercing. At first she was waiting for Kailin to arrive, but after…5 minutes, she was going “Aagh~ I just want to get my ears pierced already…Too bad for her XP’ and after another 5 minutes – “It hurts~~~”

While she’s complaining how it hurt her ears or how she could get deaf while gasping every few minutes, “Oh no, what if I’m deaf...” So we went to Guardian for ai-chan to buy some stuff…And I thought, I thought I saw yy… I wasn’t sure..but it looked like her..and I think the other girl was her sister. Or her cousin. Some female relation. Walked abit further, into Plastic and Radioactive…then I saw Andrew at a game shop. Said hi.

Since Kailin didn’t have lunch, we went to have some toast and coffee at…I don’t know where, while chatting about kailin’s favourite topic – yaoi. >_> But it’s strange how we’re talking about it while waiting for Howard and Yeehoong.

Went to pick them up near Parkson where Yeehoong was thinking of buying luggage, since he’s gonna go to US pretty soon. JPA scholars. While Howard was continuously trying to crack lame jokes based on the Cantonese movie ‘Shopaholic’ in one corner, you have ai-chan rejoicing over a set of chem and physics notes~ *whistles* I’m half-wishing I had gotten that ASEAN scholarship too… if this is what it converts me to, it might be a good thing. Oh well, no use thinking about it now~

Had dinner at Yoshinoya. I don’t know what got into Yeehoong, he kept on asking, “What kind of kua (referring to a vegetable) is this?”

Howard:ai kua lahh…(Winter Melon)
Yeehoong: Hah, you sure? I thought it was…
Ai-chan: sai kua, sai kua! (Watermelon) *The girls (including Howard XD) laughing*
Yeehoong: Eh, so what kua is it la.. Looks like a cucumber.
Howard: Ohhh, it’s a sii kua!
Ai-chan: Pat kua! *We’re all laughing again over this idiotic conversation*

A short pause, talking about (gasp, they’re talking about chemistry and making bombs…how educational…is this how Singapore tortures its students’ minds?)

Yeehoong: Eh..so what kua is this? Looks like the other one, but different colour…
Howard: Aiyah, that kua dun need to bother lah..
Ai-chan: So kua, so kua~ (Idiot)

On top of this idiotic happening, the guys really know how to unconsciously act like a couple.. Really Really with a capital R. I cannot describe how this works either- it’s a ‘you have to see to find out for yourself’ thing. This continued until we reached the cinema, by this time we were just laughing at them for everything we could.

Body language tells you a lot.

This had to be the genius move by ai-chan: she handed the cinema tickets to Howard, and said to him, “Okay Howard, you be the leader today. Here are the tickets.”

Number One: He nearly took the escalator upstairs when there’s a sign next to it that clearly says, “Cinema 2 and 3 to the right” Aih, we shouldn’t have laughed till he was on the escalator up. XD

Number Two (which happens to be the silliest thing the guys could have ever done): Howard said he had to use the toilet. I told ai-chan “I bet they’re gonna enter the toilet together, with the food.” Well getting 2 out of 3 wasn’t so bad.

He was looking at the signs to the bathroom, and he turned left… and then he let out a yell, covered his face, and ran to the right. We couldn’t stop laughing, as

He went to the ladies’, saw the sign, and wondered, “Hey, isn’t this…” And as realization hit him, we heard an “AaaggghhH~~” as he covered his face and embarrassedly ran towards the men’s, which was on the right. Yeehoong was running after him into the men’s, and after awhile, he ran back out and handed us the food (which he happened to have carried with him) and ran back into the toilet. By this time we were laughing uncontrollably. Nothing beats that expression on Howard’s face.

During the movie there were these two guys in front of us (no, I’m not referring to Howard and Yeehoong) who were getting close… >_> Not usual in guys. The guy who was sitting directly in front of me has quite a laugh, half-maniacal, half-silly. And they were…should I say it…cuddling... almost… <_< which if I didn’t have ai-chan gasping at it I would have regretted not seeing it. XP

After the movie, went to the arcade for abit to watch Howard play BishiBashi (in Korean which was quite a puzzle to me…), but seeing how he’s good at it while we’re cheering him on was quite fun. All this while waiting for the House Of The Dead 3 booth to be free for us to play. Just too bad I didn’t get to stay that long.