drifting between blocks of memory
I haven’t been logging in for some time. I haven’t been really busy; I just don’t have the mood to post. There may be interesting things happening, but I’m simply not compelled to report it, to commit to some form of physical archiving. Can get abit tiresome to do so, but I do it for entertainment’s sake, to keep my literary skills (however limited) intact.
When I saw the article on ‘The Alternatives’
Today’s the first time in a good while I played ‘chor tai ti’. Not bad either, since I actually managed to win a couple of times – no money involved, okay? Usually I don’t have that much luck and usually end up losing either by a lot of cards, or not too far behind (let’s say 3 or 4 cards left.) but very rarely do I win. Even playing @ liyen’s during her farewell I had just only managed to cover hou’s losses by a buck.
Calvin’s been pretty nice today, haha since he got his hundredth post on SIN he’s promised to treat fellow members (and active ‘pat kuas’ like me) a drink. The foyer gang seems to be shrouded in scandal, which I don’t know what to feel about it. Amused by the activity? Afraid that it may jeopardize the existence of the gang? What the heck, why can’t we keep things simple as they are and stop making up situations that don’t really exist? I suppose mindsets are not the easiest thing to change, it’s up to the individual.
And is there anything wrong in being neutral? It may be harsh to say that neutrality exudes the air of not wanting to get too attached to something, but how can you deny it? Anyway, I think in most cases involving emotion it’s not about not wanting to get too close, but not letting your heart overrule your head which is important if you want to keep things civil, even in the most turbulent of waters. And to me, neutrality is more of being able to look at both sides of the coin and consider the other half before jumping to conclusions. Both sides are always to blame, but the issue is not who carries more of the blame but how to solve issue itself. Spineless? Maybe to you, maybe to me, but I still believe in it regardless.
“You may not get hurt, but you sure won’t get loved.” – Wolf
Been watching The 10th Kingdom throughout the weekend, and yesterday. I think there’s another part today, and I wanna watch it. I actually like these mini series, they give a different feel compared to the regular series like ‘The OC’ or ‘Lost’ (of which I don’t really watch simply because it doesn’t appeal to me). Since they only have very limited number of parts, they have to be really good at developing the story. Most of the time it’s usually good. Also, since most of these series are about fairy tales it’s pretty amusing to see how they twist fairy tales and give them a different touch. NBC has quite a lot of these, and maybe someday when I’m free enough (or lacking things to do) I’ll check all of them out. I’m curious about Earthsea the mini series as well but I faintly recall seeing it before and it was very shallow compared to the book. Let’s hope ゲド戦記 is better. Since we’re talking about fantasy, let’s hope Eragon lives up to the book too.
