Monday, January 7, 2008

welcoming a new year

For the most bit we didn't really do much. It was a quiet affair, really. We lazed around for most of the day. Bloody hell it was so hot! We were sweating where we sat - I cannot imagine what it must've been like @ Yong & Mel's. Probably drowning in their own sweat. When we couldn't take it any longer (we were supposed to go out for a game of bowling but the alley was closed.. we were supposed to go earlier but someone -coughwangweicough- decided to work that day) we decided to meet up for drinks at McD's. It was the 8 of us; Yong, Wangwei, Mel, Yong, Ammie, Brendan, Hiro & me. Had dinner at the restaurant behind the Italian-Australian club. The food was alright, but I think I made a mistake of ordering cream-sauced pasta - it was super filling! @__@ Brendan's lamb looked nice, and so did the pork steak Wangwei ordered (but @___@ it was HUGE!)

We dropped by Wangwei's place after dinner(where rumour has it he has a shrine to a certain someone and a blowup doll in his room - credit this to Ammie & Mel) for fun. No wonder he opted to meet up at McD's first; his place is like a sauna.

After which we decided to go for a walk in the park just to kill time. That's the downside of living in the country - there's practically nothing to do once the weekend hits. It's nice and lazy, sure, but when you need something fun to do it either takes some hours of travel or is plain nonexistent.

So we decided to crash Khim & Ellen's place, playing Monopoly & watching TV (I think it was Charlie's Angels being aired at the time) until the last 10 minutes. By then we had our eyes glued to the TV counting down and watching the Sydney fireworks when the right moment came (yeah yeah I know I could have been there if I didn't choose to come back earlier)

And that was my new year's, entirely sober and sane.