restless?
March 11,2009 4:35PM
I'm here in the office, and I think I'm thoroughly bored out of my brains. Managed to finish everything that's been assigned to me, so yay!
Unfortunately, surfing the Internet isn't possible now.. cause us 3 interns are sharing the same account, so it's really a case of 'the early bird gets the worm'. Whoever logs in first has dibs on Internet access.sigh.
I've doodled on Paint, tested my apps again.. (hopefully I've found just about all the bugs there are to find @_@), played Tetris on my phone, had a drink of water, swiveled my chair a couple of times, and now I'm resorting to this. =P Doodling with Paint using a mouse really is fun but I'm not inspired to do so after the first one... oekaki needs patience (and a tablet which I don't have)
The long weekend was a good weekend..Because it makes the following work week shorter! XD Among other things la.
________________________
met up with Jon & CW on Monday for lunch at zanmai. We talked bout work, bout slacking, bout people even.. and we moved on to a more interesting topic. We had quite the discussion of.. erm.. I don't quite know what to call it. It isn't stinginess, it's like what we'd do with our money, how much to save, how much to splurge, what to splurge and save on, how people can live not trying everything there is to try, the value of money in our opinion.. that kind of stuff.
Jon's stand is simple - haha, as he put it, he has 'cheap taste'. And simple taste too.. He's the type who can eat something he likes (which is cheap and good) until he gets sick of it and will probably be ok with not touching it ever again. CW will pay for quality, for ambience and anything that makes her feel good. Variety's important too, cause it's fun, you get to try something new and that you won't get bored with the same thing all the time. Which I can also understand, I mean, after all, if you're paying for something you might as well get your money's worth.How you evaluate the worth of something is absolutely up to you, and from this conversation I can kinda see 2 different extremes of the spectrum. The main difference I guess could be a gender thing.. cause you know, females are more emotional and all that so they have to get the 'feel' right, and for guys it's about really filling you up. The food's the focus, and everything else is just about secondary.
Personally, I think I'm on cw's side most of the time because I like something different, I like to explore stuff. I mean there are people out there who've never ventured beyond their own ethnic cuisine, which is a complete waste because the world is out there for you to discover, you know? Money is important but I can't always be scrimping, I would have missed out on so many things!
-----------
After lunch CW teman-ed me shopping cause I needed to get another white shirt to replace the one I lost.. so off we went. Had heaps of fun in FOS (of all places right!) cause she (not me, mind you) was having a tough time deciding whether to get that striking blue shirt with green & pink stripes. It would be ok if you're a guy and since you can wear that kind of stuff to go clubbing, but not if you're going to wear it to work.. you'd really stand out. And as far as I know, she doesn't need to stand out any more than she already does. She's really outstanding XD In the end we came across an in-betweener - not as striking as the blue one, but definitely more unique than a normal shirt. A little while later after we were done with the place, we sauntered off to Padini where she found 2 pairs of earrings she really wanted to buy but had to decide on one.. even at the fifty-nineth minute at the counter she was flustered and she turned to me - "eh which one, which one?!"
Man I love to teman people shopping.
________________________
Oh yes, Sunday was the first time in a really, really long time that I've been home alone. I locked myself in for the day and it kinda felt like being a social recluse. Although in the process I was introduced to a friend of Rach's. Budak nih boleh berbahasa Indon, jadi ada baiknya juga. Pada mulanya sikitlah kekok pasal macam takder benda untuk dicakapkan tapi adalah.. bolehlah.. haha! Kan kat kerja pun kena berbahasa Melayu jadi macam biasalah. Dia pun otaku (tapi rupanya juga macam satu =P saja la.. bukannya dia budak boring ke apa) dan bekerja di Tentera sebagai penterjermah. Selain Indon, dia juga boleh tahu bahasa Timor Timur (dah lupa apa ia dipanggil..) Sekarang ada kenalan baru, tetapi hanya wajahnya dan percakapannya aku kenal. Tidak terlintas fikiranku untuk tanyakan namanya. =P
_________________________
Yesterday lunch was interesting cause one of Shikin's lunchmates is really very.. very.. blur. And a weird mix of mellow and bubbly. I don't know how she does it. Oh but her accent betrays her, definitely can tell that she's from East Malaysia - not that she's trying to cover it up or anything. But she just has this quirk to her. Haha! The rest of her lunchmates were more 'normal'.. And boy they love to mengumpat. So I got to hear some really interesting stories of wrongly forwarded emails. I think it's their culture, somehow. You cannot survive office life without understanding this culture (and contributing to it if you can help it)
