Thursday, September 30, 2004

oddity in the household: me,myself and I

Currently craving Les Misérables by Victor Hugo. The abridged version. Usually I'm against reading abridged versions cause it usually means I'm missing out on something. Leeyee claims that the original is about 2-3 inches thick. Well, I'll read the abridged to see wether the original is worth my time. So far so good. My favourite character so far is Jean Valjean. Somehow, he is always seeking forgiveness by doing charity though he was a former gaolbird. He toned down after meeting Cosette, Fantine's daughter. Marius Pontmercy 'looks' like a weak character, easily influenced. As for Cosette, I haven't seen her much, so I can't really say. She's just a gentle and pretty girl. Like Cinderella.

My toilet flush is broken T_T..Pulled it too hard and something must've broke. First it was my bathroom door. Tsing yanked the old plastic door one newton too hard and the lock just broke. Aish. Now occupants have to dig at the lock and slowly slide it in so that the door locks, if not woe befall the toilet-goer.

**note** Problem fixed at 7.00pm. Now the flush works even better than before...ah, the joys of rafia string.

Then there's the bed. My brothers were wrestling on it and -kablooey- There was a snap, and there goes the bed frame. Nothing to cry about. Just that of course mom and dad didn't take it all in stride as they had similarly done so to a hotel bed.

Home is the best place to be.