Saturday, June 24, 2006

dance

Okay, so I went to watch the movie “Take The Lead” feat. Antonio Banderas. Watching them dance makes your body feel like moving X3 I just catch myself wishing “How I wish I could dance like that.” as they glide on the floor.

“It’s like watching sex on hardwood.” – Caitlin

But in the essence of the story, it’s about a dance instructor (ballroom dancing, mind you, so yeah, he’s got some good moves~) who sees a delinquent smash up the school principal’s car , and he approaches the principal deciding to help out the delinquents in his own way – teaching them how to dance. Abit mellow paced, but the dancing kinda distracts your attention.

The humor in the show was pretty much street slang-ish but understandable, which is a good thing. And I love the fact that Mr Dulaine cycles, even when wearing formal clothing; his jacket complete with coat-tails flapping in the wind as he cycles to a formal dancing event involving his dance academy. Classically 1920s. XDXDXD

Obviously, like most teenagers, to them ballroom dancing is a rather old-fashioned thing. Usually associated with, I don’t know, music dating few centuries back, or even just 30 years back would suffice, a thing which doesn’t sit well with the rest of the world who are much too used to pop, rock and crap… oops, rap I mean. I personally like the idea of remixing rap and classical, you get one helluva weird tune. But effective in their sense.

The principal, Ms Augustine is defined to me as a mother tired of dealing with problematic kids, but loves her job and what she does, inclusive of all that shit she has to deal with. The best thing about her is that she does give a damn about all these ‘hopeless cases’ despite having her teachers bail out on her when she assigns them to dealing with detention class. A hardened motherly figure. At first I was thinking she was some unpleasant woman, but hey, the schools need more of these people spearheading the education sector.

Antonio Banderas, as Mr Dulaine. Hot in character. X3 Well he looks better with short(er) hair. And there’s not much to say about him, just that he’s bringing a fresh change to detention. I sure wouldn’t mind going to detention if that was the case~ I guess I like his attitude (quote Hengteng who quotes Andrew; on a statement regarding Mr Chong – steel cable in his head) and the fact that romanticism lives in people, although it’s quickly dying out. Such are the expectations of girls who dream of fairy tales in reality.

The problem kids. Hey they could make a musical on their own with the cast they have; now that I think of it, kinda reminds me of Fame (the musical). You have this fat girl pairing up with this guy who is just too egoistic or self-satisfied to a point that is irritating (somewhat) until an interesting turn occurs. I’m not telling; go watch it yourself. 2 words on the egoistic guy: BLONDE AFROOOO! And you have LaRhette and Rock who make a pretty good pair; I personally think LaRhette is pretty, probably the prettiest of the lot. And there’s Caitlin who’s really sweet but lacking in confidence. Monster doesn’t seem like a good match for her, but hey you’ll never know *winks* And a trio of students in a love triangle which called some amazing shots (the three of them together) during the competition itself. Whoaa~ now THAT was adding spice to tango. X3