rediscovering
Today’s just one of those beautiful Sundays from start to finish~ X3X3X3 This is really a first.
Woke up to mom asking me what to do with ti since he ended up watching the 3am game and unable to go to taekwondo. That was a trifle matter, quickly resolved. We then decided to go for a morning walk, just for fun, to buy newspapers and take a walk. It’s the first time that I actually went for a walk with my mom; most of the time I’m afraid of saying the wrong thing, and believe me it’s not fun to tread on a dragon’s toes. Aaanyway. My mom’s fun to have around when she’s in a good mood since she’s pretty much okay with anything (within reasonable bounds – parents have to be alert all the time I guess). I didn’t know there were that many breakfast places around Uptown, I figured it was pretty much dead in the morning. Oh, and it’s much neater and presentable looking since they shifted the pasar malam to some other location, which is a good thing. *nodnods* Had breakfast at Gloria Jean’s, and of all things to eat, bagels. X3 I like, but mom was telling me of how in actuality the bagels that they serve you in the States is nothing like the ones we were having then; toasted and soft, nice to chew on kind of bread. Instead, it’s cold, hard and that you practically have to yank a piece off, but not without removing your jaw trying to do so.
Around early lunchtime ah ee came over. *gasp* ming is learning how to play the guitar! And I thought he wasn’t interested in picking up any instrument~ maybe influenced by that mad jackass zam. Oh well they suit each other down to the ground (I know if any of them see this they are sure going to burn voodoo dolls of me) since they’ve been at it since form1. onii-chan was trying to retune dad’s acoustic but came to an abrupt halt after one of the strings broke.
Later in the day went down to town to Lowyat-Sungei Wang area (aka lala area but well known for having relatively good hp+IT goods prices) to…hmm…maybe just restock on basic supplies like CD-Rs and maybe just to hang around. uwaa I so want that LG KG800 or the Samsung E870 or the Panasonic VS2/VS6 (who cares if its not very new, it’s still very nice)! Any would do fine, I’m not picky! Also if anyone finds the Valkyrie Profile:Simeria for PS2 in English or the Valkyrie Profile:Lenneth for PSP in English tell me! And the Metal Gear Solid comic-book fix for the PSP too~ there was a review on it and it looks good. That kind of thing would be very useful to have on long train rides., making it the envy of people around me X3X3X3 How nice that would be~
On the 6th floor of Sungei Wang they have this mini-Shibuya-Harajuku wannabe nook with fashions probably taken from the Harajuku anywhere within 5-10 years ago. I can’t believe people still wanna wear those kinda things walking around. Maybe they’re comfortable with the working fashion statement (some of which aren’t too bad, but they’re not exactly the best things for anyone to get caught in, regardless dead or alive), one of those “tried and tested” ware. They’re still stuck with stripey, strange coloured combo knee-length socks and gaudy looking tops which aren’t even elegant-looking, even Japan’s fashion trend last summer looked better than what I’m seeing. Try the Angela Aki look people, I love her tops! Lace looks good on her, matches her disheveled hair look. I don’t know why I even say that. And the fact that she pairs it off with jeans and sneakers (somehow the first thing my mind pops to is yk and his jeans and sneakers…. I don’t know, I often catch myself looking at him knee-downward. XP No offense, not that I see anything to take offense in) gives it a rather carefree look atop the girly statement.
Ooo and I found this great place where they have an extensive collection of graphic books. Like those imageworks of Amano (I was pretty surprised to see that) and and and that book reeis bought yesterday, but at a cheaper price (MPH conned!) and I saw this book on skateboarder art…very very funny, since some of the drawings literally represent warnings people put up (eg. those which say “Warning: [some notice here]” or “Beware of Dog” things) But they are very nice. Perfect browsing material for a living room~ I guarantee once I have my own place that’s what browsing material is gonna be like in my living room. I still want that book on bars around the world, and the book on DVD design covers, and the one on bathroom concepts, or the one on interior designing and the one with with with~~~ aaaagh too many to remember and name! >_< I want them all XD
Had dinner at a Sichuan restaurant in Park Royal, right across the street.
I think the lighting isn't really very chinese, but who gives a damn when it's pretty funky, don'tcha think?
Fine, blame my phone for having a crapass camera...but the interior design is very nice. It's actually matching dark blue and purple chairs with purple napkins. I'm awed.
uwaa again since I don’t get to watch people pour tea like this all the time~ I swear it’s damn fun to watch!

Especially since it’s not just for show once, but every time he refills the tea too! I guess it was partially that that made me drink quite abit of tea. But the tea was really nice. X3 onii-chan was joking how he would be somersaulting like Raiden if the restaurant was full and he had to keep himself busy pouring tea. Good point. On top of that he’d be able to look cool doing it! The food there’s pretty neat, but the taufu abit too spicy XP The rest was very nice though~ but after having a big lunch there’s no way I’m able to stuff another hugish dinner. I know I’m pretty round but still I’m glad to announce that even I know my limits.
It was almost like being on a holiday, since most of the day we spent walking, walking and more walking like we would if we were on a real holiday. Made me feel like a tourist of sorts. Especially that 6th floor, I can imagine myself in one of those lesser known complexes around Hong Kong looking at the multitude of figurines (daaamn I want that Eva 00 and Eva 01 model, I do!) and bootleg CDs. Man, after going to Akiba/Tokyo that one time I can’t even bring myself to think about buying bootlegs. I wish there was somewhere that I can actually buy originals; I would support them if I could. I would save every penny and buy all the discs that I really really really want…including (meaning, of course, there’d be a list as long as all the ants in the world lined up):
- gankutsuou OST since Jean Jacques-Burnel’s voice is sexy~ especially in “You won’t see me coming”. Since it’s based on the story ‘Le Comte de Monte Cristo’ by Alexandre Dumas, I love the show for having a scandalous story and music which manages to catch the mood of the times. Of course, it’s never believable to have a duel with Gundam-esque robots, but still…
- all the Cowboy Bebop OSTs…how can I not get them if I ever had a chance to? kanno yoko is a genius, and how I worship The Seatbelts for making it turn out the way it did!
- all the Samurai Champloo OSTs are also another must buy since the music is very good to alleviate boredom and reminisce about all the stupidity of the show. One of those brainless shinichiro watanabe shows that just needs the love! X3
- maybe all kanno yoko composed albums if possible, I love her compositions (like another few million fans out there~)
- definitely the FF20022002 concert album, that is one fabulous album. Beautiful pieces orchestrated beautifully, I would kill to be at that concert.
- Oh yes, how could I forget the Black Mages? If the 20022002 album is beautiful, this album literally and really really rocks!
- I think all the FF OSTs and Piano Collections starting from FFVII *raises hand in being an FF fan*
- Chrono Cross OST will always always make me think of the sand, sea, salty breeze and time traveling.
- sakamoto maaya – shonen Alice, nikopachi and yuunagi loop. shonen Alice and nikopachi are my all-time fave albums from her…even yuunagi loop couldn’t match up, in my opinion.
- younha – Go!younha would be a good buy since I liked most of the tracks there, I don’t know what it is that I like about younha. I just do. There seem to be a rising number of Koreans breaking into the Japanese music industry, but their music (as well as their pronounciation) ain’t too bad. In fact, those unaccustomed to it wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.
- KOKIA – Pearl ~the best collection~ I don’t know what to make of her, but her voice is one of a kind. And so, I love her music. Simple as that. X3
- HOME MADE kazoku – musication is a MUST MUST MUST MUST BUY! Now why can’t I get this here…T___________T
- Angela Aki – Home which is a good album considering it’s her first. And I support her too, her voice is those “morning in a hideaway while you drink your coffee” voice. I love the piano in her music.
- rie fu – rie fu & rose album since I’m a rie fu supporter. X3 Mellow, sleepy and makes me think of a Norah Jones in a NY apartment as the sun sets. One of those easy evening-ish, sleepy afternoon or a perky/quiet morning (quite interchangeable, this one) depending on the song.
This trip downtown kinda reminds me of wandering around Chungwan/Central Hong Kong since it was pretty packed (it was a weekend after all) and you practically have to pick your way through the crowd to get to the other side. There were some singing events, a talent quest and the Tong Hua singer (Michael something XP I’m not a big fan on Chinese music to begin with – maybe I should, could help me pick up Mandarin or something) making an appearance at bout 7pm in front of Sungei Wang, all happening in 3 different locations almost simultaneously. Talk about multitasking, but the notable thing is that all 3 events drew mentionable crowds.
Current track: Fonogenico – Reason
I can imagine this track being played in a bar as people lounge about, slowly sipping their cocktails and having a casual chat with their friends and colleagues in an evening after work, I’ll say around 730pm or later.
