Saturday, October 11, 2008

a trip to Asia.. Cafe.

Yesterday marked the end of the killer week. Taking a day's rest, and gonna start working on the project tonight after dinner. 


Jord, Darren & I spent the afternoon working on the Project Management assignment, pasting together multiple pages to make several gigantic diagrams.. haha namely the resource diagrams and the network diagram. Had two little helpful elves (YK and ZZ) who helped us stick the thingys together, but I think mainly cause they didn't wanna work any more. =P

When we tried to submit, he was trying to get us to staple the report together with the huge diagrams, pissed us off to no tomorrow cause we didn't see HOW we were going to without mutilating ALL the documents. So we handed him a folder containing all the stuff.. and still he had lots to say about it. Jord being the lone ranger and the one to confront him had about an hour-long discussion about all our work done (probably pointing out all the errors, there must've been alot for one hour's worth of talk) and so.. 

I was waiting outside the room, half-worried and half-angry at the same time. This was about 5ish in the afternoon. Then Weng Kee walked out of his office, asked us what we were doing there. I told him "Waiting for a comrade who's fighting for the sake of our team's lives". haha how dramatic. And being the hero he's trying to be, he replied "Well you know who to look for if anyone tries to give you a hard time." Hhaha! Gesture appreciated.

So when Jord reappeared in the realm of reality an hour later (around 6ish) he told us what happened, and we sort of breathed a sigh of relief. Some changes had to be made but otherwise he'd let us off with some other discrepancies that we've committed.

Darren called awhile later asking where I was cause apparently there was a freakish traffic jam on the LDP.. poor dude was stuck in it I suppose. So I decided to stay back for dinner and go home after. YK, Licia, Eu Wye, Marc and I were in the lab for abit, chatting while waiting for 7PM cause being the tutor that Marc is and his set of students having to rush an assignment before 9PM, he's sticking around as help.

Licia disappeared to class later.. still waiting. While we were chatting we heard a shuffle of footsteps, Marc assumed it was ChoonLing. "Hey Choon Ling" was followed by another dude walking past the project lab door and waved at Marc, which sent us into peals of laughter over his assumption. The REAL Choon Ling appeared awhile later, took the Economics magazine and left "to take a shit". Dude, waaayy too much information. 

We (together with YK, Eu Wye and Marc) left for Asia Cafe for dinner. OMIGOSH Inti had this massive tower in place of the old buildings.. It looked weird simply because the area had JUST enough space to house that tower. Taylors was different from my days in SAM but as I had been back to see it, the changes since then weren't that different. Talked a little about the teachers in SAM (apparently Marc was Mrs Angelene's student too once upon a time). Eu Wye and Marc kept going on and on about all the lame jokes, OMG! Nigel you have polluted Eu Wye's brain! XP He's soooo lame!

It was nice to sit in Asia Cafe, most of the old stuff were still there, and some new stuff. Man I miss the SAM days. Although Asia wasn't our regular hangout (we'd go on pilgrimages to areas ANYWHERE BUT Asia, haha! I suppose we liked to explore) MacDonald's had a makeover, so did Starbucks and the bookstore, what was it called.. Mac Center? The one with the gay dude? haha. I remember kenken being very freaked when the dude dropped a line on him. We had a damn good laugh though.
_______________________

The storm is SO HEAVY OUTSIDE... can see the wind blowing the rain this way and that, and the lightning keeps coming. This is really some rain..