the supposedly dreaded day
well, today was the day EVERYONE had feared. It was the day we pick up our SPM results. All that toil and hard work for the past 2 years will return itself to us today.
I half-awoke to the day with my heart beating fast, at first thinking of how it was gonna be. I remember feeling fear for a fleeting moment, but mainly I was thinking of what my results would be like. I figured if I'd get about 8A's, that'd be good enough. 8 and not 9 or 10 since I was so sure of myself that my biology and my malay were a B.
Fully awoke when reeis smsed me. Suggested for her to drop by, then we'd go pick it up together.
We didn't set out until about 10 in the morning...And on arriving we saw the crowd, which in my opinion was surprisingly small in comparison to the previous year's. Nothing to be worried about. Took a deep breath. "Here we go, let's get it done and over with."
Saw my class teacher, and just casually asked her how we did overall for the heck of it. She said we did well, we trashed the previous year's. XDXDXD wow, and throughout that entire year we were more often than not reprimanded and belittled, the teachers saying how undisciplined we were, how we took the whole thing as a joke,how uncommited we were and all that. Hah. Now that showed them~
Anyway, there was no ceremony or anything. It was just like getting a report card. When I saw that little strip of paper, I felt this huge wave of relief. Not feeling overly elated, not feeling disappointed, nothing. I was disappointed at myself for this lack of reaction. "Hey, I'm not screaming, I'm not jumping, I'm not crying. What the hell? I thought everyone does something of the sort." The thought reeled itself in my mind over and over and over again.
Returning to reality, I got 8As. Scattered. I missed for malay and physics. ai-chan got 9, she missed history. And here she is, moping over history. sigh. What is wrong with these people. Which brings me to an excerpt of "would you wanna bite the hand?" by Steve Conte:
some people live with, some people live without
some people have and others want what some go without
some people live free, some people just want more
as for me I've got all that I need
The first people I called were my parents (obviously). They were both extremely happy, needless to say. Then Mrs Dhillion and Pn Rubiah. I don't think Pn Rubiah was too impressed, or maybe she just got too many calls coming in. Mrs Dhillion was quite estatic that I had done well in both math subjects, couldn't bring myself to tell her Physics just yet. Anyway, she would probably just dig it out of ti during the next tuition session.
We went back to my place since I had to drop off the stuff and take a break. Then a little while later ai-chan's mom dropped by, asking for sue wen's number. It ended up with her having a talk with us and guama, which I think lasted about 45 minutes, I don't know. Wasn't keeping track of the time.
Then the little celebration began. We went to 1U to catch the movie "Robots" and buy ai-chan's belated birthday present. While we were there we saw yk and gang, including chiayee, h2o, yenling, logesh, kevin, jeremy and charngyang.. Took a little stroll, ogling at the PSP and the Nintendo DS (ok oji, saw the real thing..its so coooool~) and*shock* Tales of Eternia and Metal Gear Acid is on PSP! XDXD Must bug ming to buy it and play..if not maybe I'll bug him to buy Bleach and try it out. hehehehe.
The movie was very good, very funny, an outburst of creativity. I loved it. It was certainly a more light-hearted option compared to the original idea of watching "Flight of the Phoenix". Aanyway, the robots are interesting, and Robin William's voice was fitting as Fender. Funny stuff. Also liked the blue robot especially in the cowboy getup. Won't go into details, since its the kind of thing one has to watch to be able to enjoy the fun-loving robots in the show.
I can predict the first question people are going to ask tomorrow is "What did you get?" followed by "Congratulations!"
*piffety*
