Wednesday, May 4, 2005

today's a looooooooooong day. sigh.

This week is freaking horrible, but I'm soooo happy I finally got the ESL assignment that's been a-haunting me for the past four months, oh that was the bane of my life.

Actually getting down to doing it was an absolute nightmare. I actually started at about 10pm, only to finally *finally* (how I love that word, FINALLY!XDXDXD) finish at 4am today. What really kept me up to the point of irritation must've been that cup of coffee @ mandarin class earlier.

Got online to do a little finishing touch to the sources I had, saw kenseong and sooguan online. I think sooguan was on high or something, he kept ranting on and on and on and on..... -_- and somehow the topic shifted from ESL citations to ..ahem ahem...(some subject I'm sure a certain person wants to keep discreet).. *laughs just thinking about it*.

At about 1am I was so freaking bored doing it I wanted to throw my hands up in despair and retreat to the warm, comfy, inviting bed. T_T <- at this point I'm quite sure I was getting that bit delusional that my assignment was nearly finishing..I don't think I was thinking very clearly. 2am: saw yeehou online, who ordered me to catch up on sleep and continue tomorrow. By this time I think the caffeine effect was at its peak, I couldn't shut my damn eyes even if I wanted to. So I put it to supposedly good use, which resulted in me striving to complete the report. So there. All social contact ended there, and the outlook wasn't very bright as I very unwillingly willed myself..>_< crap. I had barely 2 hours before I had to get ready for class. Jumped into bed, shut my eyes and feverently hoped that I would fall asleep before 6. Thankfully I did.

When I did wake up I felt wasted, really wasted. I could barely drag myself out of bed, shove the books into my bag, get out of the house before the bus left us. Which it nearly did. When me and korg were walking out of the house, we saw a flash of yellow pass by. CRAP. We started running for it. I thought I was seriously going to drop right there and then. I couldn't even sleep on the bus, it's so darn uncomfortable to sleep sitting up. I'm not an avian being, mind you. In my mind, the words "I'm going to die of fatigue, omg omg I wanna go home, I wanna sleep so bad, I can't sleep sitting here like this, this is one heck of a torture, I haven't done my annotated bibliography, I still need to photocopy the last of the sources, today's gonna be a really long day...T_T" marqueed itself over and over and over and over...until I reached college.

At college, saw kenseong and chor yeow @ the cafeteria, comparing their assignments and ours. Damn it, why is it that our class is the only one with the extra prequisites?!! The rest of them got a limit of 1500-2000 words, no limit ratio for internet sources and other written materials, for some. Went to the library, and was greeted by a growing crowd surrounding the printers. Naturally, majority were doing last-minute work and adding finishing touches, correcting errors, that kinda thing. Well, I was one of them. Boy was I really glad kenseong (thanks man, seriously) brought me to complab 6 where it was practically empty, save for some guys on DOTA. hehehehe. weird.

When I finished binding the last of the project (followed mrs angelene's advice not to go to the stationery shops directly across the college; they were sure to jack up prices on that particular day) a trendemous wave of relief swept over me. Yeshhhnessss XD

And so, I emerged from a crocodile's mouth to be pushed into a lion's den.

I have an IT quiz tomorrow. T_T Tonight's mission is to read up programming, the GLs...aagh. Hope mrs sue doesn't set really difficult questions.

Not only that, I got a letter 2 weeks ago from JIS (Japanese Information Services) to sit for the selection test.. I'm happy for that tooooo. For that need to read up chem and physics reference books, borrowed from liyen 2 thursdays ago (the sam charity drive day). Guess what? Exam's on Sunday, mother's day for an entire day. The bigger wham of it is that my dad's leaving for Khatoum that very morning. sigh. If I were mom I'd think that it sucks to not have dad around on that day. Which reminds me of which....what do I get her? A tip from mrs angelene: don't get mom fresh flowers (it wilts faster than anything), get her something to remember this occasion by. =D