oliver!
I went to watch oliver the musical up in genting on saturday night~
Went with ai-chan, a cute kid who bawls like a duck named justin, and a whole lot of other people I don't really know but they were all very nice people. Thank you for the ticket, it was great~
justin is your average 9 year old kid, constantly stuck on the gba and asking those pokemon related questions. And likes to fiddle with people's phones. I suppose that's what you do when you have a short attention span. Cute and irritating at the same time. =D I couldn't help myself from teasing him; it was great fun to see him retaliate uselessly. I look evil now don't I?
Anyway, spent most of the time lazing around the apartment until evening, and took a cable car up. Whoa, it's been a long time since I've been in one. The only things of interest (if I could find a better word I would have used it) were all the plastic fabrications that were mortifying to the eye since they weren't realistic and had adverts plastered all around it. Funnily enough, genting isn't cold, but it sure is cooler than KL. hehehehe, didn't really know how bad the heat wave was until I went home the next day.
The show started at 8, ended at about..10.30pm I think. It was nice, but oliver was so unnoticeable. I wasn't really watching him, but the props that were constantly moving to keep up with the musical. If it wasn't the props I'd be looking at the chamber players, they're interesting when they play. My personal favourites were the two flutists and the guy on the keyboard. The violinists were out of sight as there were heads blocking. The playing was good and the songs were nice to listen to. It started out with them singing about food..I couldn't help but stifle a laugh. Hey, it's not an everyday thing to see people sing of food. But they're boys after all in a workhouse.
Food, glorious foodThat's all I could remember. Thought the song was cute. There were others like this song about selling something;
hot sausage and mustard,
if you're in the mood
cold jelly and custard
Who will buy my sweet red roses?Only remember bits and pieces of the songs they sang..I did remember though there was this song where oliver sounded abit off key. But his voice is so cute~ I like his singing voice.
Two blooms for a penny
The character that I personally liked the most...was dodger, without a doubt. The first thing I saw was the way he dressed. Caught my eye, how couldn't it? And his character is nice too~ I couldn't help but think he was a witty guy who knew an answer to get out of sticky situations. My favourite. The catch was he looked...pretty old for his part. *shrugs*
Then there were other songs like 'I'd do anything';
I'd do anythingThat song was cute..and at the end they sang that song, umm..'Where is love?' in Malay. Yep. hahaha. That was a good one. I nearly woulda missed it altogether if it weren't for the fact that I was listening closely. It was surprising to hear "Di manakah cinta?" I was nearly laughing. But it was entertaining.
for you, dear, anything
for you mean ev'rything to me
I know that I'd go anywhere
for your smile anywhere
for your smile ev'rywhere I'd see
Nancy's voice is good. Her slang played up the part nicely, but her death was funny, in a way. I mean Bill looked abit ridiculous when he was 'clubbing' her to death screaming, "Your eyes! Close yer damn eyes!"
Only returned to the apartment..at about 130am. We had an uninvited guest; a praying mantis~ I took a photo since its not everyday you get to see one. Then for some reason me and ai-chan started discussing abit of physics..then she went to sleep. And I thought, "I'm not sleepy. Don't wanna sleep yet~" While everyone was dozing off already. My gratitude to 'glory' and the champloo soundtrack for easing my mind and finally persuading me to sleep. I didn't know why I couldn't sleep either.
