memory
Every time a photo goes up, a post goes up, it hits home. I want to go back. So many people, so many things remind me of Gipps, remind me of Melb, remind me of Aus. Especially a teddy bear I like to nuzzle, and a bronze piece of Rialto towers which I found while transferring stuff from my old kiamchai wallet into my new-ish wallet given as a Christmas present.
I miss my penguin.
_______________________________
Speaking of Rialto towers. I remember walking the windy evening to the towers. And I think of the tram ride down to St Kilda's of which we stopped at a random station cause it was getting dark. Sitting at the Swanston-Bourke tram stop. All the drives to and fro, furniture shopping and the Ikea at Richmond. And getting lost, laughing at each other, getting confused and not minding.
Think further back and I remember the broccoli tree and eating curry with pita. Abit further back and I remember a breakfast of toast and washing the dishes on a Saturday morning. Super hot summer nights, summery days, and trips to the beach. All the dinners and late nights. Picking up the car and that question from that car dealer that would prove itself in time.
Even further back and I remember sitting at my corner of the kitchen counter where lockers 4 and 5 are watching lunch or dinner being cooked. The dinner of noodles and hot soup. And of Fi stepping into her chilli. Liz getting drunk, inviting us to join them on Tues night after their papers were done while we had another 2 days before we were free. One at the desk, the other on the floor. Trying hard not to take a peek at each other being hardworking (or not). The sniggers and looks Rachel kept giving us. Watching ハウルの動く城. Talking and talking about everything, something and nothing until the sun came up. One on the floor, another at the desk. Browsing through a multitude of photos of people, one through the ages, and others in lights previously not shone upon them. Talking about growing up and everything else in between.
And that South 3 party.
Memory, all alone in the moonlight_______________________________
I can smile at the old days, I was beautiful then
I remember the time I knew what happiness was
Let the memory live again
-Grizabella - Memory (from Cats the Musical)
A new routine today... and this time there are videos on it, waiting for someone to upload them cause I don't have a copy. Can't wait for next week's studio party =)
_______________________________
Listening to Mr Children - shirushi
