amused?
finished Week 4 Day 2 with a max of 81.
Don't think I pushed myself hard enough.. I think I can do better. The last set is always about pushing every boundary, at least till my arms start to give way.. I think I coulda gone further. Gone lower, did more reps. *yosh* I find that towards the end, the reps get lighter in number. I guess its about sustaining stamina.
I miss rock climbing and salsa. *sob! Rock climbing's easily solved, I'll be going on Friday with cw. Haven't been to salsa classes in a month plus.. I'm afraid I'll just about forget everything @_@ I still have the old videos to look on, though.. shouldn't get too lost. Besides, I miss my dancemates =3
__________
I might be pushing my studies to start next year instead.. It's not something I really want to put on hold for that long.. but in the end, money's a huge factor. I'll aim for the Endeavour Awards at least, and regardless of outcome, I'll be headed there next year anyway.
I'll admit my intentions to go there to study is first and foremost to study, but the reasons after that are all pretty personal and I think it's selfish of me to go my own way and leave the rest of the folks in the lurch. So it's not entirely up to me. Besides, getting work experience will be a good thing (as long as it's not a whole year's worth of waitressing, that just wouldn't do).
I may go to Accenture if I get called in to participate in their Graduate program, in which case it'd be really really really great. I'm trying to put the "this is a big mult-national company, therefore it's good" mentality aside.. it's important, yes, if not for the reputation, employee perks and pay package and everything, but it's really not everything to me. What really counts is if I enjoy my time there. I know it's up to me, but it helps to have a nice start deshou =P Besides, I've been before, for the Accenture Experience (which was quite a day indeed, enjoyed myself and everything) and besides my mentor for the day as well as everyone else who was involved in that Experience were really fun to chat with and no doubt will make good mentors and colleagues if I end up there.. so I'm hoping I'll get in, fingers crossed. It'll tie everything up nicely, for sure. A good experience in the bag for me (and for them, hopefully =3), which goes a long way since I'll end up in the workforce eventually.
__________
My oxfords from Korea came in the mail today *jumps around in joy* They're lovely XD And most importantly, they fit! Hahah! I was really nervous cause it's the first time I'm getting shoes by mail (I had to measure my feet at least thrice just to make sure I got the size right, otherwise matilah), furthermore mom was watching me put it on, and frankly speaking when I first took them out of the box, even I thought they looked really small. Thankfully, they fit. And they don't feel that high..maybe I'm accustomed to them since wearing dance shoes. more often than I wear formal shoes.
Paired with leggings they'll look really nice, otherwise work wear, tweed skirts/shorts/pants and jeans will go smashingly well with the boots too =) I can wear it to work.. to graduation (which is in May - whee!) and if I wanna feel special.. bwahahha! Unfortunately this lovely package came with a warning from mom to not spend too much - in general. Whoops =P
Yea, I'm a nut for boots. To date, I've got 3 pairs in 3 different lengths, and I think, yep, that's enough. A knee-length suede pair, a faux leather mid-calf, and my oxfords. Any more and I think someone is going to flip.
Also, I have this thing for jackets. Must be a Leong thing, even Lex loves them heaps (from my faint recollection when we were following him around Melbourne shopping for a coat.. haha! yea I've a memory of an elephant for useless stuff like this, go figure) I've got heaps of them, and I wear most of them more than once. I lived most of secondary right up to 2nd year uni wearing my 'smelly' grey jacket mom bought for me in HK donkey years ago *every day*, rain or shine. How's that for jacket love? XP I still have it, and I'm still loving it =) Cardigans, jackets, winter coats, ski jackets, cropped jackets, boleros.. I love them all if they come in a swell design that's not too commonplace. Plus, jackets hide heaps of stuff. How you think those illegal watch sellers/drug peddlers/spies/detectives/cowboys made a living? And it makes *anyone* look good (better, at least), be it smart or rugged.
What is wrong with me really.. I love autumn/winter wear but I live in a tropical country where I rarely if ever have the chance to wear them. But I do know why I love them though. Summer clothing exposes too much, and I've got more to hide than I do to show.. haha!
