college life?
Today marks the first day of my college life. Well, how should I put it into words?
I woke up sleepy-eyed at about 6, then lazed around for abit before getting ready. Then woke up nii-chan cause mom was so insistent that he should guide me to the right bus. I mean, hey, c'mon, how old am I? Oh well. We talked about Disgaea for abit, the ballet-twirling penguins and battle system. I loove those penguins. kawaiiiiii!
When I got on the bus, I saw yenling. I thought,"okay, there's someone I know. Just get a seat."
At college, 7.50am. yaaaaaaawn. Looked around and saw alot alot alot of people. Saw karen! XD she's still as genki as ever. Students there look like they're set to go out to the mall. I guess people on their first day 'dress to impress'. Got introduced to alot of people, like meiling, jonathan(yet another?!), lelita(or something like that)... There were alot of new faces, but then you still see a bunch of DU-rians, like the FFs, sherlyn, sumei, keshyun, marie..... the list goes on. Sorta know by face but not close up.
My student tag! XD My first thought was on branding cows with a big ink stamp..ok. That's irrelevant. After picking up the student tag and the timetable went to minum with hui juine. Whilst that I was wondering where firn-chan is. I know she's on campus but I had no means to contact her. Oh well.
My mentor is...um.... Mrs Becker(?! my first thought was on a tv series), but on the paper it said Mrs Angelene I think. I don't really remember. Classes here are small, and it looks like an interrogation room, if you reduce the number of desks and chairs to one. When I entered the class, it seemed...really quiet. Meek. Akward was the feeling as I took a seat and looked around. It got really eerie after awhile. People were all shuffling where they sat, or anxiously looking at Mrs Angelene while she was introducing herself and the 'more important' school rules. After the intro session (she's gonna teach us ESL) she proceeded to show us around. The only hitch was, her voice was kinda soft so we had to remind her to talk louder. I'm standing in the middle of the crowd but I can only barely hear her voice.
My biggest surprise of the morning was to see reeis and steph! Well steph came to pick up her timetable and reeis tagged along. So we went for lunch together. Crapped more. I guess these are the kind of things friends do. Talk crap. Now here was the big help: steph offered to show me around personally. XD Got to know where the library and office and discussion rooms are.
And then came the what I would think was the main event of the day; orientation itself. If you ask me it was THE ultimate chance for the entire school staff to drill onto you the excellence of Taylor's and stuff. Speech after speech, it looked like it was never going to end. boooooooooooring. But nonetheless I was pretty much impressed by the usage of English by the lecturers. Nice and proper. Not that I speak perfectly perfect English but I'm amazed. Most of the time I'm hearing Engrish or half-tuned English being spoken. So... that was probably what kept me from falling asleep. Only the head of the counselling faculty was kinda reading of Engrish text. It was a sudden jolt from the proper English that I had to frown and sit up for abit. I mean, common primary school mistakes in a speech?! Atrocious I say, simply atrocious. XP But I suppose that's forgiveable since she looks pretty jovial. Attitude counts too~
After that me, karen and her friend (of which I forgot the name~I'll make sure to get it right tomorrow, sorry ne XP) went to check out the library. Hehe, it was fun to scan the student tags to gain access. Oh, but the library was more meant for studying type. All you see are reference books. Maybe a homework place or something. sigh. Just when I thought there'd be a good place to get reading stuff too.
Well, that's it. I think. 1 day is not enough to summarize college in words. I need more input data. XD
Then ai-chan msged me. She's been screaming and hollering, so she claims she's gonna lose her voice. And her cousin Bert(I actually thought of alot of things when the name came up...Ernie and Bert, DilBert, DogBert, CatBert...Well, it's a first for me. Don't flame me for thinking so. It's natural.)..And she's been going on about the number of lengchais in Anderson Junior College. And one that sets the lengchais apart from the rest, I think his name's Jonaz. Yeah. Sounds like it. And bouts of "Faster come here lah! I wanna show you around, the lengchais(...), school, things..." hehehehe. Patience is the key, dear. The thing that stuck on was,"Anderson's a pretty good college. Kinda like applying for Anggerik but got into Dahlia instead." To which I shuddered. Dahlia's people are smart, but they're really quite, meek deadbeats. And I was in that class, so was she and reeis. *shudders* I kinda got her drift. She seems to adjust pretty well. Which is a good thing~
