Friday, November 18, 2005

over

After 10 months of slogging it out, slaving, studying, homeworking, battling to shrink my assignment pile, all those presentations and discussions, puzzling over specialist math, crazy lab sessions, it’s over. ぜんぶ 終わったよ。とっても嬉しいですが、ちょっと悲しいと思います。今、何をするがいい?At first I had all these crazy fun ideas of what to do, but now I’ve got a limit to work around since I’m supposed to start uni fresh and early next year.

Time and time again, I think, what wouldn’t I give to go through all that again. As hectic, tiresome and nerve-wrecking it may be, it was absolutely fun. Even though I’ve probably watered down on my sarcasm, or become soft or whatever it is due to this year, I don’t think I could help it. These people are too nice, it’d make me guilty to try and play my game on them. From thinking “I can’t wait for this to be over”, to thinking “I wish this didn’t have to end” is quite the drastic change of mind. 10 months is an astonishingly short amount of time to form such a strong feeling of belonging, but it did happen.

Which brings me to this; does distance really drive people apart? I can’t help but think so. Would we still remember each other and be able to call each other in the dead of the night just to lepak after a space of what, 5 years? What if we knowingly pass each other on the street, and never thought about saying hi? Could be just me afraid to lose them. I suppose one can help prevent this from happening if one takes the initiative to do so. And that’s what most of us are, lackadaisical and taking memories for granted, thinking that they’ll be able to remember when the time comes. It is very easy to say one thing and do the other. Sigh.