Tuesday, September 12, 2006

birthdays roxors everyone's soxors

especially mine when it's mine. =D

The night before, well, the very first person who texted me has to be el, although she was 90 mins early~ hahah yeshuu thanks!

But the one with the most precision has to be the debugger YK. 12.02AM! Who can beat that?

Second place goes to weehoo. I seriously wasn't expecting him of all people, cause, well, I don't know. So nice of him to sms me although I haven't heard from him in months!

After this, though, I was feeling pretty tired since my body ached from taekwondo on Sunday. Damnit, so unfit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up.

"10.30am? Just in time for McDonalds."

Don't ask me why I thought of the breakfast at the time.

I officially opened my first pressie from my 3 nakamas, ai, el and reeis: hirai ken's 'utabaka' album. *muahhh!!!* I've been wanting to get it for weeks now! I don't know why I didn't get it earlier. I suppose if I really wanted CDs, I wouldn't get pirated copies as far as possible, especially if we're talking physical copies. I support originals to the core, but if only I could afford it and if there was a better selection apart from ayumi's albums or any other albums which are at least 5 years old. So yes, I love the album!

hirai ken's utabaka, from aicha, el & reeis

Oh, and I got 3 more SMSes to start the day with.

Third place goes to yet another September dude that I didn't expect to remember my birthday either. The dumbass vinny! XDXDXDXD I miss the sibu dude!!! When you aussie people coming back for xmas? Must remind him to fly me around melbourne one of these days. >=D

The close fourth goes to my stupiak chicken wing bbb! I miss you too, faster come back and do your "Oh so cuteeeee" and the "stupiak" and the "chicken wing" and the obsession with hats and monkeys! =D oh yes, drag akagami if you have to. I can't drive to Bandar from KL you know. >___> Faster comeeeeee~~~

And then jyan! She remembered too! XDXD *jumps on my bed at this point of time* "So many people remembering my birthday!!" It's just a happy thing to get these little messages which people don't really know what to say but they say it anyway cause they know it means alot to you.

Followed this was the birthday greeting from aichan, which went "Omg! Happy bday! It's already 12 sept! T.T i lost track of time liao. Gomen gomen. Was sleeping. T.T" XDXD Don't worry I love you all the same. Exchanged some messages, and so I thought...

I'd pay respects to my fellow BITS sufferer (who shares the same birthday and who's a year older than I am today!) whom I once thought his "Schweating la.." was pretty irritating. Gotten used to that now. You should know who it is; the one and only guy whose wives are all of the Japanese make; Jordan!

Just then, OMG no. 3 arrived:

mat otchan sent me a birthday greeting! If weehoo and dumbass vinny was unexpected, this one was really out of the blue! I didn't even know he knew when mine was!

Mom asked me to get some jam to eat with her sausage & egg mcmuffin (no she doesn't eat it WITH, she takes off one of the sourdoughs and laces them with jam to eat) and well, when I was @ mcD's already, I just casually asked the waitress if I could have some jam. Initially, she gave me a nice no, but as the order was completed, she just put some into the bag, put a finger to her lips. "Shh, don't tell anyone alright?"

Isn't that nice? XD "She must've seen that today must've been special", I told my dad. "Yea of course, that's exactly what you are to us."

Isn't that niceeeeeeee!!!! XDXD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my way to uni (dad drove! XD yayness) alvin decided that he had too much credit which he could not possibly use to purchase more smoke fairy recharge packs (ie cigs) so he placed a call to me. The foyer's not exactly the best place to call people (I think some parts of it are dead zones for digi users, and its pretty noisy on a general basis) and the only thing I remember about that call was him asking me (at least twice) "Where are you? Hurry up, we're getting really hungryy!"

Okayy.... by general consensus (or just set brain-deadness) we went to medan for the... I'm not saying, it's pretty depressing just pondering the fact that choices are not exactly in abundance when it comes to eateries; but when you get used to it (it helps to have a great crowd of friends) it's not all that bad.

As the lot of us were looking for seats to house our happy throng (not thong, you imbecile) a voice called out, "Karine, Karine!" And I'm wondering, "Who the heck could that be?" Not alot of people call me that, I think the rare people that do are maybe bobby (occasionally), otchan, kiyaa and (now)Mickey... Turned around, and saw Mickey having lunch with her other friends! hahaha she got a friendly jolt from Friendster reminding her that it's my birthday today, so she remembered to greet me too!! XDXDXD That's so nice of herrrr!

After we procured a place on the first floor and settled, that was when the presents started pouring in:

  • a doggy keychain from chowchow~ I was pretty sure that my dad would jokingly irk at the tigerskin-patterned wrapping, after all, he's one.
  • a poster from Calvin. As usual I will scrutinize the entirety of it. I like it alot! The signing off from the various people was fun, heck, it's always fun. The only parts that made me go blarghedy was thinking that MARIE really sucked while we had to learn it, and I look rather grumpy in the photo he used. >_<
  • a green marker pen from cw. I tried to use it when signing Jordan's card alright, I did! But it would smear off, the card has a plastic overlay. so sorry. but I love it all the same!
  • oh yes, the card. XDXDXD Again, the comments are always fun to read. XD
And... *drumroll* yk walks in my direction with a nice little box. With a plastic knife and candles. XDXDXD Cheesecake too! Calvin kept poking at the "Together forever" crap...... >___> It was pure chance we were wearing the same colour shirt alright... While cw was rationing the cake, Penny was going "Omg, the Ball's next week already, and here I am eating cheesecake! I'm sure gonna get fatter by the end of the day! *sobsob*" As usual, ty was at his level best being click-happy. It was also funny seeing ty's DSLR on timer mode but getting leech to hold the camera in place. But it worked out well in the end~~

Just a sneak preview (or rather, anything on the bed at the time), lazy to reach out for camera.

doggy by chowchow, card by everyone who contributed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the lecture started, I got a call from houhou. Thanks hou, hahaha I knew you wouldn't forget (meaning that if you do siaplah awak! mwahahaha)

It didn't really feel like a regular class day, heck, I only have a sole networking lecture on Tuesdays. XD Which makes this day even more enjoyable. After class, dad called, and he asked me if I would like anything that he could get for me. Put two and two together now, why don't you. XD And he has the tact to end the call with, "You will pretend that you didn't know anything about this alright?" XDXDXD I love my dad for this! When they (korg+ti+dad) came to pick me up after class, dad was holding this rolled up bunch of wrapping paper, and again, another "You will pretend you didn't see this." XDXDXD

Mom was working from home, and by the time we came home she was pretty much free. 2nd cake! and 2nd set of pressies!
  • Wicked - Gregory Macguire. XDXD Doesn't that suit me like a glove?
  • the froggie coin purse Naruto has. XDXDXDXD I can't wait to use it, I was so tickled by this! XDXDXD
  • an icha icha Paradise notebook. korg really has a knack for giving me good pressies.
  • a card from my parents with a fat contented white bunny. Somehow it reminds me of el's layout.
A second cake was procured and duly consumed; another cheesecake!! XD hey penpen, if you're feeling bad enough about having one huge chunk of cheesecake, you can RIP, I've had to have 2 huge chunks. But for the sake of scrumptious cheesecakes, it's worth the sacrifice!

more presents from my family! XD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went online, and I got some bday greetings too, from sut and akagami! =D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just awhile ago, mom & dad took me out to vila daneli @ sheraton. The food's still great! And the waiter was a bubbly dude who looks like a miniature Samoan wrestler! =D I suppose no explaining can express dinner as well as pictures~ I'll let them do their level best. Okay, no fancy DSLR's here, just a regular Sony DSC-P52:

I can see you drooling over therreee!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A last note: the thanklist! (in no particular order)

Thanks for making this day great for me, and yeah all your wishes for having a great day today really did come true! Insta-ComeTrue Wishes! XDXDXD Must be those that work only once per year or something~
  1. dad
  2. mom
  3. korg
  4. ti
  5. aichan
  6. reeis
  7. el
  8. otchan
  9. jyan
  10. bbb
  11. akagami
  12. sut
  13. dumbass vinny
  14. weehoo
  15. hou
  16. mickey
  17. calvin
  18. jordan
  19. cw
  20. ben
  21. ty
  22. juice
  23. leech
  24. chowchow
  25. darren
  26. penny
  27. yk
  28. jon
  29. alex
  30. zz
  31. alvin