Sunday, September 24, 2006

what a difference

Surprisingly, Sydney is kinda hot. I’d expected it to be cooler, it’s spring goddamit! I hate night flights where you have to sleep on the plane, it’s so damned uncomfy. ah koo and ah ee were there to pick us up~ so nice to see them again (although ah koo was in KL just a few weeks ago)

Since we can only check in @ 2pm, we went across to have some dim sum. They call it ‘yum cha’ here and I have no idea why. Like most of the food, the portions are huge (yea, even for dim sum where the stuff is served on small plates) so it didn’t take much for us to get full. One thing about the Chinese food here, it’s mostly HK-style cooking where you dump all the meat on top, sorely lacking veggies and plain (nearly tasteless) rice on the bottom. The chicken rice packs here are huge, they cost about $8 for a plastic box of it (the kind which is used to microwave food with a flimsy cover on it) At least that’s what I remembered the last time I came, and I don’t think it’s gotten any different.

After lunch we went up to the Rocks where they have… *gasp* chocolate dipped strawberries! It was just amazing~! You can never get that kind of chocolate OR that kind of strawberries in KL, and it tastes great too X3 Like mom says, during the weekends where they have the bazaar, it’s actually like a high-class pasar malam, but they sell some very neat stuff. Bought some rock candy, the last time I ate them was when bobby came down to KL in June, or was it July… anyway, somewhere there.



Staying at a place called Pacific International Apartments. Yep, you read right, apartments. They’ve got everything to a washing machine to a dryer and a cooking stove. Unfortunately our adapter was spoilt (mainly used for charging phones X3), so when we tried to use it we ended up shorting the circuit for the entire apartment, and we spent about an hour or so in the dark (the sun sets pretty early here, say 5pm)

The atmosphere here is soporific, the moment you sit down for 15 minutes you feel somewhat sleepy because the conditions are just right… cooling weather + sofa or bed… you get the idea. But that aside, the view from the balcony is really nice! Although the balcony isn’t really clean, but still, it’s a different scenery.



And to my horror, flies here are horrendously huge, even bigger than the ones in KL. It’s probably triple the size, and looks like a beetle, I doubt you could tell the difference between the two.

Went out to dinner with ah koo, ah ee and her entire family, and wow Raj, Div and Rheeis sure look different since I saw them last. Raj now looks like some character out of a 70s TV show, just look at the haircut. Almost like Shaggy’s, I’d say, now all he needs is Scooby. Div dresses and behaves almost exactly like Livi, and Rheeis, well… is taller. haha. I don’t exactly remember what he looked like.