a panacea
If something offers some sort of solace, I would have to admit it would be music. No matter what I listen to, it just helps me be at ease with myself. Usually when I need to forget something unpleasant, or if I'm just down, music helps alot, doesn't matter if it's Ellegarden or angela aki, it all works. Also very useful when I need some sort of inspiration for something, anything at all. Since creative brain farts don't come my way all the time, I've learnt to appreciate the magic of music.
I just don't like people questioning my taste in music, cause it's supposed to be personal, is it not? You like your stuff, I like mine. Doesn't mean I have to like what you like.
It's really hard not to be biased about music, cause if manners maketh the man, music maketh its audience. Some part of a person really is dependent on the kind of music that you listen to. In that case I must've made some strange mold - here's some for a taste;
- My first love is for Japanese music - favourite artists (some of the many many) include sakamoto maaya, angela aki, Spitz and nakashima mika
- To me, RAP is equivalent to CRAP but there are very very very select few who really deserve a mention - the only one I can forgive is home made kazoku. As for m-flo, I only like the one song he did with ryohei and hinouchi emi - Summer TIme Love.
- I also like game music from nobuo uematsu and especially the chrono cross OST.
- I've been a fan of works by yoko kanno, especially the Cowboy Bebop and Wolf's Rain OSTs.
- Next up is a rock band I like alot - Nickelback. Nothing beats Chad Kroeger's voice, one of the sexiest yet (next to kazuya nakai who is the voice of Zoro from One Piece and Mugen from Champloo, but I'll be straying out of topic)
- Also, Steve Conte's voice is sexy! So yeah I like what little songs I've heard from him.
- Christina Aguilera's voice is also one of the more soulful ones (powerful too) and I really feel she doesn't need to dress so crappily/sluttily in some of her music vids, but not that I watch them anyway.
- If a band/singer is overly famous, there may be a chance that I don't like them as they cater for the masses. But this doesn't necessarily mean when I find an up-and-coming band/singer I like I will discard them once they grow famous.
- Indie bands who are really good are worth the hunt - kinda like finding a diamond in the rough. I may not listen to much indie, but I think I would know a good one if it ever came about.
- I have faith in the local music scene, cause I've seen a good one when they came over to Taylor's once. Deja Voodoo Spell is really good, I like their crazy ass drummer and the vocalist is something else.
- Nothing beats a live debut for rock bands, it's a totally different experience altogether. When I went to my high school's Battle of the Bands I thought some of it were worth listening to, and some just trying too hard to make an impression. I really should go to more live gigs, they're filled with energy. Live covers of songs on a CD somehow just doesn't make the cut.
- I love jazz when I can have it, it's classy and stylish. And somewhat retro too. My taste in this is mainly influenced by Cowboy Bebop.
- Since I play the piano, I like piano pieces too although I don't bother to remember who did what when. I should play more pieces on my piano. Sometimes I shudder to think of how badly I might play. >_<
- Musicals are magical; I've not been disappointed yet. 'Fame', 'Cats' and 'Oliver Twist' were all good. Probably cause I'm constantly amazed at the raw enchanting sound of a voice not digitally touched up.
my music, my panacea.
YUI - I remember you
REIRA starring yuna ito - Journey
NANA starring nakashima mika - Blood
