Friday, November 3, 2006

for the boy who turned twenteen

誕生日おめでとう! In tribute to the one who swears by the fountain of youth.. and spam of course. =D

Well the earlier part wasn’t very birthday-ish, considering the fact that we had a programming paper in the morning. Everyone talked about it like it was the word of Death, but I personally feel contented by the fact that I attempted everything; how the outcome would be would not be in my hands anymore. And that’s that. I’m not bragging about my smarts (probably due to the lack of it when seeing other far more brainier brainiacs at work) and my ability to do most of the questions even though I wasn’t too sure about the object I/O and that I had no frigging idea how to solve that recursion method (I’m sure I’ve seen it before, but for the life of me I couldn’t recall the solution) and that their theory questions were the ones that I crapped on the most. So in a sense I was thankful for the coding since that’s my supposed forte.

Enough with that, this is not supposed to be about my programming paper.

Alvin was griping about some BGR issues which I will not trouble to note here, but one thing’s for sure, it’s eating him inside out, upside down, whatever way you can think of. Just got a message from him which denotes that it worked out well for him. Good for you!

Aaaagh let me get to the point alreadyyyy, my mind seems to be straying from the main point.

The action didn’t really start until after lunch, when Calvin went to wait for the bus home. There, our sabotage plan sprang to life. XD Alvin had to return to his place to pack as he was staying at his uncle’s, and so we were left to wait for him. My car running low on gas and with a time constraint (we had to reach ground zero before our victim to be able to lay the ambush) we still managed to reach ground zero, but not before obtaining ammunition (ie 4 packs of ice from 7-Eleven X3 nyuhuhuhuhu)

Well since it really was quite an inside job (hey you don’t get the victim’s close relation to help you in ambushing their own kind so often) the infiltration was pretty much smooth. And boy his grandma is so hip! Orange-dyed hair, complete with driving license, she was quite enthusiastic about the entire affair! She’s the one who helped us gain further weaponry (water and pails and a suitable camouflage) and also the one who helped drive the car out to be able to ensure the success of the ambush. X3 sweet~

About 250pm our victim reached ground zero. Ben as the decoy ‘dropped by’ and decided to give the victim a present (does a Gempak magazine count? Well, Ben did say that it’s the thought that counts~ even if you have other thoughts while you’re at it XD) and the signal was given to us to carry out the plan. It was a pretty quick one; Alvin initiated with one pail (the biggest) of ice water, followed by zz, and finally me.

What followed after was a counterattack with a hose, and as usual (as was with yk’s sabotage) Alvin got drenched. X3 We got to drink some… kumquat juice (What else could I have called it?) and ferrero roche. It was really nice of his grandma to let us have something to drink and chew on~ reminds me of guama XD

We left Calvin to take a break (he didn’t get to sleep much since he was mugging for programming) and the rest hopped into my car as we went to fill up on gas and some money (you know how I don’t carry much of it around with me anyway). I suppose Calvin did some serious praying/cursing cause soon after we left him it was raining cats and dogs, leaving us probably more drenched than he was (temporarily).

Spent the rest of the afternoon at Ben’s, first watching a Singaporean Chinese movie – we stopped when his PS2 decided to repeatedly screw up the movie, then moved on to playing… DON (it’s really a Dragonball-One Piece-Naruto crossover versus game of which the gameplay reminds me of pretty much most of the Shonen Jump games with blocky 3d-cell-shading thingamajig) and then Smackdown (the pretty old one). Alvin was losing most of the time probably because his O button wasn’t working as well as it was supposed to, but he got a few wins despite the falling off the cliff stupidly and getting the Smackdown a couple of times.

Ben’s dogs are so cute! I’m sure the smaller one’s called Oscar, the other I forgot its name, probably Nicky or something. If only Oscar didn’t yap so much, he’s really noisy. XP But they’re still cute. Kinda reminds me of aichan’s aunt’s dogs, those are super cute too~

Soon after a cheeky little being decided to knock on the door and disappear, repeating his performance once or twice before we decided to ignore him. And voila, Calvin stood in the doorway, and the first thing that I did (it was so tempting, how could you not?!) was to poke at one of the holes (for aesthetic purposes, so yeah it was purposely planted there) of his shirt. I suppose he got his grandma to drive him over to Ben’s. Ben insisted on playing a game of football, so we let him. And again Calvin’s magic touch caused Ben to practically lose the game until he gave up and hit the reset before his ‘reputation’ was ruined.

Just as we were leaving to dinner, the second part of the counterattack began. Calvin took out his pinkish-reddish hair spray and started spraying yk, zz and ben. Ben looked like he just got out of a car accident since the pink spray was rather dark and looked like a blood clot on the back of his head. The surprise/shock/horror that yk and zz displayed on hearing the ‘fshhh’ sound of the spray can as its contents coloured their hair was simply amusing XD zz practically yelped (I can’t think of any other more suitable expression, it makes me laugh just thinking about it) and yk was quick enough to deflect most of the attack with the back of his hand.

Had steamboat for dinner at Taman Desa, I think that’s near my aunt’s place. Okay, okay, so I’m hopeless at parallel parking, but we were super lucky to get that parking place despite the lack of it X3 Awhile after we got a place Ben wanted to buy some chicken dish for Calvin, I don’t know who insisted on it, but I suppose it was a welcome dish since it was finished up by the end of dinner anyway. We (Ben and I) walked abit to this Chinese restaurant to get it, and we met his ex-CIMP teacher there too, some funky ponytailed dude who’s a coach of some sport team and whose secretary is a Sony Clie. Nice. Anyway, back to the steamboat - it was quite nice; We’re acting like a bunch of little kids eating steamboat, fishing for fish (and that was cause Calvin didn’t get any, and he wanted some) and other stuff. That’s the fun in having dinner with friends, you don’t know what fun stuff they can get themselves up to.

The trip to the various abodes, the dinner place and even getting back was –whoah– a whole lot of fun (alongside the regular slight overdose of paranoia of getting lost). I’m driving around places I’ve never been to before, makes my head spin thinking about it. All those little roads, crappy holes in the road, roads winding up and down, all the little twists and turns, all the crappy drivers and even the crappy ass brats who decide to walk in the middle of the goddamn road just because I’m nice enough to slow down for ‘em (I tell you, budak, you’re just not worth my energy or time. I have to thank Alvin for shoving his fingers up the kid’s ass though) But all in all, it was really fun. Even though on the way back I had no idea on how to get back and I’m driving down these roads I’ve never seen in my life (I never thought that I would be thankful for the existence of signboards here that actually point in the right direction) and thankfully it was uneventful on the way home after I dropped the guys off.