excursion
Met up with an interesting bunch of people today; aichan’s ex-classmates from AJC.
8-something in the morning we’re taking a morning walk through the KLCC park to where they’re staying. I’m actually surprised to note that there are quite a number of people enjoying the morning air, not all are lazy sleep-ins like us. Mostly parents, adults and really little kids.
Aaron and Kevin (I think) opened the door and got a shock from seeing us, somewhat anyway. Had abit of breakfast of Honey Stars, scrambled eggs, toast, orange juice and coffee. Another 3 people were sitting at the table (I only remember Barry and Javin, I forgot the other’s name XP but I do remember that he’s a fair-skinned and quiet guy) and there we sat for the next 4-5 hours I think. Most of the time we’re poking fun at Aaron or listening to Kevin make commentaries on nothing or playing with the walkie-talkies. I’m quite amazed to see a bunch of guys cooking… well. The sparingly few that I do know that have some culinary skill include sooguan, calvin, cw and aichan (Can’t think of anyone else for now.) You have no idea how entertaining it is to watch people who have absolutely nothing to do try and while time away. Soon after Navin woke up (I suppose he heard an unrecognized voice laughing in the dining area) and the rest trailed after him. Apparently they had been drinking the night before/during the witching hour so I guess they were sleeping it off. They proceeded to cook more eggs, and some chicken marinated in beer which at first gave out quite a stench (I believe the term coined was “drunken, smelly chicken”) but after the chefs got at it (I think it was Kendrick and.. and… aaa I forgot the name –again–) it actually tasted pretty good. I agree with Aaron though, the beer didn’t really go down too well. As the rest of them were trudging to the kitchen or entered the room aichan was pointing them out and saying their names (I only caught some, like Jingjie her ‘dog’ – she thinks he looks like a puppy, Malcolm, Ryan, Cynthia… T_T I don’t remember the rest of the names, but I guess getting 10/15 isn’t that bad a score is it)
It wasn’t until 1 or 2 something that everyone else got up and got ready to head down to Times Square. I dragged aichan to the PIKOM fair for abit cause I was scouting for a laptop (I guess Apple’s out of the question since my parents are not going to be dishing out money for that – and sorry aichan for dragging you away from them >_<) and wow it’s like wading around in a tin of sardines; it’s packed to the brim! You practically have to elbow your way just to move from one end to another.
What happened for the rest of the day wasn’t really interesting if put into words, since we just headed down to Sungei Wang where we met the rest of them (we thought they were somewhere else in Times Square) and walked for abit since Javin was looking for a pair of formal shoes to the prom. Saw this neat pair of sneakers which maybe I’ll get when I head down there next. And while I’m at it I’ll stop by Lowyat and scout for a laptop. On the way back to Times Square aichan bought some bookmarks for her other friends who didn’t follow this pack of people up to KL, and since we were pretty tired from walking we thought we’d find somewhere to sit (we ended up in Starbucks =D) but not before we went to ColdStorage for them to buy pancakes and syrup for breakfast the next morning. Man I want pancakes tooooooo~)
Hanging out with them reminds me of how much I miss hanging out with the foyer gang. yk & Alvin balik-ed kampung, and the rest have disappeared into oblivion while I’m working. Not to mention how I would like to go out with the favourite 3 (I know el should be free but reeis *still* has something to do) or see jyan whom I haven’t met in a loooong while (just received an invitation from her though, will consider going). Just seen some of the ex-Taylors in Aussie yesterday so that one can wait abit =P but I haven’t seen bobby and huahua and rowe and mishan.
Went out to a 本物な居酒屋 for dinner which has ちょういいな焼き鳥 と すごいなコロッケたこ焼きwhich if I have enough money or go crazier than usual I’ll take the favourite 3 to sometime in the future~ but it’s not all that expensive, think of a place that serves ¥100 (大作へ) compared to the regular price of ¥700 (浅草へ) per stick. I could dream of this for days on end XD
