Thursday, December 14, 2006

tottering about barefoot

It is true when they say "time sure flies when you're having fun".

The thing is, I didn't know whether I was having fun or not, but it was true that 5 hours just passed in a blink of an eye. I couldn't stop being cheerful during shift, I don't know why *shrugs* excessive happiness is clouding my state of mind.

note to self: I shouldn't be trying to run around when the floor's just been mopped. Thanks to that now I have a bruise on my left knee; it's turning slightly blueblack, but not quite. But it still hurts when I poke at it >_<

Elvin had a haircut which makes him look... quite different. I nearly couldn't recognize him. He looks like some punkish 12-year old, but I suppose he was put off by it (either that or he was trying to get as many people to get him birthday presents as possible) as he retaliated by showing me the punch card with his birthdate, 20th december (erm... that's next wednesday I think)

It must have spread on because Khairi was grinning like an idiot throughout the shift too, laughing and laughing over something, everything or even nothing at all. Which spread to just playing around with the bits of ice leftover at the bar as well as some other bits of senseless things that people do when they're not in their right frame of mind.

We were unusually kiddy-ish today. =D Everyone was in a good mood I guess, for reasons each will only know for themselves. I don't know mine, but it just helps that the rest are happy XD makes me happy~

Which reminds me, I'm building up a pretty long christmas shopping list~

  • nakama sannin (3)
  • akagami & bbb (2)
  • ojimaru (1)
  • erm since elvin insisted, one for him (1)
  • oh yes, one for the xmas exchange thingy (although I wont be able to make it, but I'll just try to get something simple)
  • and cannot forget korg's birthday this coming 28th
I feel so penniless already even though I haven't started spending. >____<

=====================================

On a sidenote, I've finished reading ParaKiss. For someone who's usually against shoujo manga this one's actually pretty neat, I so love George's designs. Really, he lives in a world of his own (which must be some massive costume party of the Victorian age) and he really is quite charming despite his excessive eccentricities. I guess that's what makes him so likeable. And yukari is just lost. Why are most girls in manga stories all lost? Or trying to search for some way in life? Well not only girls, even the guys too (first thing I think about should be takemoto from hachikuro) For a manga revolving around fashion (and love, and lots of confusion) it's pretty good.

=====================================

Watched a little bit of House. You have to love House for being so mean. "Oh my, now WHY didn't I think of THAT?" in such a sarcastic way it'd make most adults cry. Among his minions the one with the most backbone should be Foreman, I admire the way he argues with House. At least it stimulates some thinking in the both of them (more like a protege-mentor argument). Cuddy's always being manipulated by House, and she knows it, but she can't do anything about it cause she hasn't figured out a way to do so~

I should watch more. =D