Wednesday, December 20, 2006

xmas shopping

I had to wake up at 7am to send korg off to work so that I could get the car for the day. T______T uguu I had wanted to sleep so bad!~ Mostly cause the weather was so nice and cooling the lazy mood just kicked in when it wasn’t needed the most. After I got back mom needed to buy the sticky stuff used to make tong yuen (which we’re doing tomorrow night… I know my brothers make it a done deal to make the hugest multi-coloured ones possible… which makes consuming them quite an experience, kinda like eating chewing gum) and the only thing that I didn’t wanna leave behind was my breakfast which was already nice and fresh from the pan (sausages & eggs!) When mom was done, she also came back with fresh & hot yau char kuai and some really huge pao with meat+egg filling XDXDXD made me even hungrier. It was after a huge breakfast that mom sent me out on my mission which would take me the entire day.

objective: xmas shopping for all my cousins (15 of them)
ammo: RM250
comrade/assist: swejyan
physical state: genki

I haven’t seen her in such a long time, so it came as a surprise that her hair had grown a lot longer. Not only hers, her mom’s too; and her mom doesn’t wear glasses anymore! (either that or I must’ve somehow missed seeing the glasses she wore) And that’s where I really think there is truth in people saying “You look just like your mother/father” and that they don’t just say it for kicks.

1U in the morning was relatively empty (not entirely compared to the holiday crowd which hadn’t settled in yet). Jusco didn’t seem to have anything of notable interest, so we headed off to Toys’R’Us. I have no idea when was the last time I stepped into a Toys’R’Us. Must’ve been when I was in primary school. Man it makes me feel so old… =____= Anyway, that’s where the real hunting began. We were practically digging through the shelves for soft toys & hand puppets that weren’t in a deplorable state. And there goes an hour. (or was it two?) Well we practically toured the entire place in hopes of finding suitable gifts. And yes, my comrade has exceptional skill for digging out the most unexpected and good finds =D

After purchasing the aforementioned goods, we would become the most feared people that the people at the gift wrapping counters would encounter: The people with a whole lot of presents that require wrapping. XDXDXD Again we were wondering among ourselves whether or not it was a good idea to have gone shopping before lunch or after, but since we were there already there was no second thoughts about it. And there goes another half hour. Whilst the wrapping was being done, I received this SMS from el when I told her about waiting for the wrapping to be finished:

“Lol icic make the elf wrap faster by waving naked house and wilsons in front of her! Ahaha…”

Funny thing was there were 2 of them, one of each gender. So I wonder if it would work on both of them. And just thinking about it really made me laugh in front of the elves.

status update:
ammo now reduced to about RM125
presents left to buy: 4
physical state: hungry

Stashed the goods in my car before lunching @ Chili’s. XDXD Yaaaay! And for some reason I was super-thirsty so I ended up downing 2 glasses of apple juice in the space of 10 mins. Also tried something I’ve never tried before, their fish steak in lime tequila sauce which was rather good actually (seeing that I don’t usually eat fish at Chili’s) although their mashed potato gravy was abit too salty. The one thing that swejyan had to try was the tostada chips cause she kept hearing from her fellow Samadians about how great it was and that it was bottomless~ so yeah we had one of those too. If there’s one thing about the chips, people will unintentionally reach out for a chip even though we’re about hitting the limit as to how much we could actually store in our stomachs. Habit, y’know? And since the chips are warm while the sauce is cold makes it a really fun and addictive experience =3

status update: physical state: full & happy

If there’s one thing that I never know what to buy it’s presents for guys. Especially if they’re above 10. If you ask any guy on the street what would make a good birthday present for him, it would either be anything or something really expensive.

Bought brendan’s baby brother a pair of really cute Kermit shoes. Definitely the catch for the day. XD

ammo update: RM115 left

I also saw this super-cool bag of chips that will wriggle and dance about when you try to pick it up while making some strange sounds. COOLNESS!! I so want one! At the same shop too I saw the Dragon Quest-like blobs of jelly, so I thought it’d be nice to give one to Zul. After this, we went back to Jusco, saw some Gundam models which would make good pressies for Muz and Joel.

objective update: objective accomplished!

By this time both of us were pretty much tired out. Drove her home, then went about picking up korg and buying back dinner before going home. Slept pretty much the whole way through from SS2 to home. And mom let me keep the change too as payment for a mission well done XD