WCIT2008
I managed to get in as a delegate. ie I get to see aaalll the exclusive exhibits and attend the talks! XD For the first day anyway. It was damn cool.
Highlights of the first day:
- This Japanese dude Heizo Takanaka from Keio Uni, talking about the finance sector and the restructuring of ICT. Interesting, this one, complete with the Japanese-style jokes. "He's a unique prime minister. He elected me."
- Then the main event that everyone flocked the Plenary Theatre for; the holographic presentation by the one and only Bill Gates. Effing hell it was so damn cool lah! I expected him to walk around abit, but he didn't, so it was abit of a downer. But still! It was super duper cool!
- The talk by the Vice President of Microsoft. The technologies that Microsoft are working on; super duper cool! The two featured in the presentation were Microsoft Surface and the Microsoft Fone+. I found the Surface very, very attractive. It's definitely a step forward~
Really wish I could attend some of the other talks.. but hey I'm considered lucky to have gotten in, so I'm not complaining. =D
