Sunday, May 24, 2009

learn!

Today was good fun, I learnt how to wrap zhang when I went over to guama's today. Goodness the guys really need to learn some basic housekeeping skills! I was so appalled when I stepped in.

ahem.

Yea so that was where my entire morning till 4PM went..Learnt how to make the fillings, and how to wrap (this part is tricky! and even at the end of it all I put in too much sticky rice so it was full to bursting! which it wasn't supposed to ~_~) and listened to guama talk. She still has sooo much stories to tell.

Marinade: sugar, soya sauce, a little bit of pepper.
Mix!: sugar, white pepper, black pepper, soya sauce, and some spice which I forgot. =P Darnit!

One piece of mushroom, one chestnut, one piece of pork, heaps of fragrant shrimp, and not too much sticky rice.

One piece of small-ish leaf, and one piece of big-ish leaf.

Otherwise its just purely sticky rice (I forgot what the rice was flavoured with) which can be eaten with sweet sugary something (my guess is like a gula melaka mixture or something, otherwise can just dip in sugar and makan XD)

The fun thing about guama's zhang is that unlike the ones you buy (which are dark-coloured due to the soya sauce), guama's is white~ and she had stuffs in duck eggs cause my mom likes them that way. There were some with double yolk cause there wasn't enough sticky rice..
___________

And I was somehow in the cleaning mood after all that - cleaned the sink, the kitchen counter, washed the dishes, swept the place.
___________

Went to get my haircut at long last! haha although dad didn't see the difference *pif! but I think its a good albeit the slight change (compared to the more obvious changes when I usually cut my hair, something like cutting it waaay shorter which makes me feel 'light-headed' after XD).

I like it =3

Ok sleep. Monday beckons.
___________

The reason I like Chockie Junkie is cause when I was working there, they never had it on the menu till the last few weeks before I left. So.. haha! Just a memory =3

Vui Ket is still there and he *does* recognize me! So does makcik! Haha maybe one of these days I shall drop by when Vince is on shift... see if he still remembers this face.

Maybe I should consider part-timing there 'for fun'.. but doing that also means *there goes my weekends*..