Sunday, May 10, 2009

moobies

Watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine on Thursday. I was abit disappointed with Gambit's portrayal, and his kinda pathetic role in the movie. Come on, Gambit isn't Gambit without the Frenchy accent! And his mutant ability.. hey the cards are supposed to explode! Where's the fireworks? =P

And also some bits of it I felt weren't as true to the original but I guess I cannot compare it to the comic/cartoon, since it's a tall order to ask someone to fit a decade (or two) worth of comics into a 2 hour movie. I did like most of the movie though. Cyclops was a brat and his alpha-male stereotype shows at the end bit trying to lead the kiddos out of the facility.

Wolverine himself was drool-worthy of course =) I liked him slashing the toilet sink into half *by accident*.. although I'd like his voice to be abit more gruff. And the adamantium was supposed to be so shiny? oooooooooo~ nice XD Compared to his old claws.

And here comes Deadpool. EH WTF WHERE'S THE SMARTMOUTH I KNOW! Why doesn't this one talk? Although the final fight scene was kinda cool. And that bit unfair, if you know what I mean.
______________

Just got back from watching Star Trek.

It. Is. REALLY GOOD. and GODDAMN FUNNY! Any more and they might as well label it a comedy. But it's a massive geek fest too, all those pewpewlasers and spaceships USS Kelvin, USS Enterprise, the big kablooey explosions, the epic space battles, the techgeek spewage! Goodness!

I did realize that when there were funny bits, only our section of the cinema seem to get the joke. tsk tsk. haha! I didn't watch much of the series, but I don't think you actually need to have watch the series before to get the joke.

The cast is really good too, Sylar(Heroes), Harold (Harold & Kumar), Scotty also played this dude from Shawn of the Dead (stupid movie but still entertaining)!! It was good actors and good acting all round. =)

Glad to say, Spock is still Spock.. although logic when put to such extremes is abit silly but hey its nice to see him battle with himself on that end. He's the more interesting character to observe than say, Kirk or Sulu. Oh next on the list is definitely Scotty. Funny arse! His accent makes it all the funnier too XD

The discussion that ensued at the mamak after was real fun too. XD heaps of things to laugh at and ponder about. Forklifts.. and fist fights.