am I forgetting something?
I think I am a hypocrite.
_____________________________________
I met someone I hadn't talked to in awhile. I don't know why I felt a sense of resentment on our meeting; but in truth I have bear no grudge with this person. Later, it felt rather cold and civil.
Not a word - not a word passed between us.
It felt so strange. I actually missed the conversation, I hadn't had one in quite some time.
And on seeing this person again, it reminded me of how we became friends. Not in the most conventional manner, but still.
It was actually an awkward mix of regret, want and hope.
_____________________________________
Am I forgetting who I was? The me before reaching this foreign land?
I seem so different. Having so many different influences all at once is befuddling. I don't know which one to pick up, which one to drop - so I try to accomodate all at the expense of losing myself in all this new material without archiving the old material in stone.
I'm afraid I'll lose who I was to who I am. There are more things I want in the me that was than the things I want in the me that I am.
Somehow, I feel that way.
_____________________________________
The tickets are really really small after squishing it onto an A4 paper. Its probably 70% percent of what it should have been. No use crying over squished milk.. wait.. I mean spilt milk. It still looks decent - it's just small.
_____________________________________
I really miss aichan, el and reeis right now.
_____________________________________
I also really miss dad and mom. I know kor and ti will be fine because they're always fine. Mom and dad are more... uptight, somehow. I can see that.
_____________________________________
The list doesn't just end there: The one more person I really really miss is guama - the tea-drinking, bread-eating guama who is capable of doing almost everything.
_____________________________________
Went to a mini concert by the students from the School of Music. The pianist is pretty cool, just that both his pieces involved lots of jarring notes and loud banging of the keys which seemed to make it somewhat vulgar. The clarinet player has an air of fun-lovingness around him. Must be that second piece he played. Also, that soprano was superb, because her voice wasn't creepily high, it is the kind that is capable of sending shivers of amazement down your back.
Next performance is a jazz-themed one, 16th May 2007. I'm definitely heading down to the Hexagon for that.
