one last glimpse of the light before heading into the darkness
On Friday, Jacky, Dom, Ammie & I headed down to Melbourne to escape the multitude of stress that was piling on us, suffocating us to no end.
Headed down to Jacky's to play abit of GENJI -神威奏乱- which was so damn the fun. It was so fun, in fact, that we didn't watch the time. Byron was supposed to send us to the train station! So we kinda ran all the way to the South carpark... bloody hell, I haven't actually had to run all the time I was here, so it was actually tiring!
result: We still missed the earlier train, so we decided to buy some snacks at Coles to kill time.
Reached Melbourne @ 8pm, or thereabouts. Walked from Flinders to the YHA hostel at North Melbourne. No freaking joke okay, plus we were lost! So it was so bloody tiring! After we finally found the YHA hostel we took a short break, before heading back to Chinatown (by foot) for some Japanese food which was good. *how I missed eating soft-shell crab! The soft-shell crab roll which Jacky and I shared was gooooodd!~*
Full and satisfied (@ about 9-something) we headed out to Docklands to look for our destination for the night: Lavish. It still took us another hour or so to find the place. For one, we WALKED. For two, we walked quite slowly.
First time clubber going into one of the clubbing hotspots of Melbourne. It was a Friday Night, Asian Night.
At first the night was pretty slow, we weren't in a mood to really dance. So Ammie & I just stood aside watching. After awhile we decided to try and dance anyway for the heck of it, we weren't just going to waste our time!
One thing about guys here; they're pretty much desperate to have a feel. Nothing to the extent of groping (I swear I'll kill the bastard who tries it) but still abit weird. This guy in a checkered shirt tried 3 times - I don't remember really responding though, cause I was constantly weirded out. Didn't get to see his face cause I took off my glasses, they were getting abit annoying. But from my blurred eyesight, he wasn't anything to look at. But that's not the point. Then there was this other guy with very very cold hands, like a dead fish. He just touched my arm, but I swear it sent shivers down my spine.
After awhile we decided to get a drink. Long Island Tea isn't too bad a drink. Warms you up considerably. Not just to the weather, but to the people.
The big shock was seeing aik sern & aik oui.
Yeah, that's right. The real-life 'hitachiin twins' in context (although not as yaoi and not as good-looking)
WTF!
Of all damn places, in the middle of the dance floor at Lavish.
WTF!
The first time, it was during Big Day Out. That was forgivable. But NOW?!
WTF?!
Introduced both to Ammie, we had a few dances. Got Jacky properly confused (which I found rather funny) They're actually pretty hiau. But they definitely frequent clubs; they're no stranger to this culture.
We practically danced straight till 4AM, a fact of which both of us were impressed. Jacky was busy collecting phone numbers, Dominic was just enjoying himself on the dance floor. Jacky was so successful, in fact, that we had to wait for him to yak finish with his girls before we could start our... (I don't know, half hour? One hour?) pilgrimage back to YHA, only reaching @ about 5AM.
First things first, on reaching our room, we realized that we absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke. It's a very disgusting smell. We HAD to take a bath. Or at least get out of those clothes. I regret not bringing another shirt, I thought I could just wear my tank top to sleep, but the smell seeped right through! It's absolutely vile. @_________@
After we were done we decided to talk about the night's proceedings and drifted on to other stuff (the talk spearheaded by the 'high' and definitely satisfied Jacky korkor) so we didn't really get to sleep until the sun started to rise.
Which was at 630AM.
And we (us girls anyway) woke up at 930AM.
The guys were absolutely stoned, sleeping away. We didn't check out until 1145PM although the checkout time was 10AM. XP Sorry! But we really *really* needed that extra time, trying to get the guys out of bed was like trying to wake the dead.
Went to the rooftop of YHA, which had a pretty good view and a pretty good breeze. Not to mention there was this swing where we just had to sit on for awhile. XP Headed down to Bourke St to have lunch @ Red Silk. Food there was all right.. Filling though =P
Spent most of the afternoon @ Myers. Mentor went off to BoxHill for some other business. The clothes @ Basement were nice, but not nice enough for me to buy. Either that or I was being really tight with my wallet.
Then *yet* another trip to Max Brenner's.
OYY MENTOR WHEN ARE WE GOING TO KOKO BLACK! *sobs*
After warming my stomach with a Hug and buying some green tea @ Laguna, we had to rush off to Flinders to catch the train back. Dom hitched a ride with Yong & Mel who were about town.
Boy was I glad when Jacky & I finally got onto the vLine back. We made it *just* in time, with precious few minutes to spare. Finally, a chance to rest properly! A proper seat! Most of the ride back they were talking about -that night @ Lavish- while I was sleeping most of the time. I was tired, alright! And they were teasing me about being like a budak kecil sleeping. Hahaha, I can't help it if I sleep like one.
conclusions:
This was one weekend to remember.
We nearly walked our legs off.
We definitely walked more than we did anything else.
