of birthdays
At first, I didn't think much about him. A kid whose hair flopped in front of his face (well that was before he cut his hair), giving him a rather reclusive look. But on getting to know him he's actually quite funny in some ways. Kind of reminds me of korg, but I guess its due to his rather quiet nature. He'll always be the one with the best cooking skills among our cooking group (to me anyway). He's also the one with the loudest and longest burps when he's wasted (so much so even Byron was amazed)
__________________________________
Bought the baking apparatus on Thursday.
Baked the cake on Friday. This bit was rather fun. Since we were quickly tired out from having to stir the cake mix manually, we got our 2 mixers (Nick & Jian Wern) to do it for us (while proving that they're straight - I don't really remember why, must've been something mentor said) While we waited for the cake to bake, we played Uno.
Once the cake was done, we adorned the cake with the chocolate frosting. At this point of time, the cake still looked yummy. Once we started to use the icing, the cake looked abit crappy. To get the word "Hex" on the cake.. well... it was so damn tedious, but we did it! XP (I didn't know using the icing bag took so much strength! It's like squeezing really really stiff Colgate) Ming cut some bananas and grapes to put on the side of the cake, and we were done. Some of the random comments made while the cake was being decorated:
"It looks like a space ship!"At the stroke of midnight, we threw him a little birthday celebration. Involved ALOT of wine (I think we finished about 6 bottles of wine, with Hex drinking about a bottle's worth), the baked cake and watermelon.
"Hey the grapes are sliding off the cake!"
Because Ivan celebrated his birthday earlier @ West Rec Hall, their entire gang dropped by South 8 to crash the party too! (Good thing too, otherwise there won't be much to drink XD) At this point of time Rona was already gone, squatting outside our house while eating watermelon (don't ask me why she did this), shingjia was already puking her guts out, and everyone just there to stone around and get Hex to drink as much as possible.
A conversation in drunken stupor:It's actually quite a sight to see 20 odd people in the common area of the house, yelling and making idiot talk.
__________________________________
"Hey Hex?"
"Aarr?"
"Happy Birthday!"
"Thank youuuu..."
"Hey Hex?"
"Aarr?"
"Happy Birthday!"
"Farrk youuuu..."
He started puking pretty soon, which wasn't surprising seeing how much they made him drink. So it wasn't long before we had to chase those already drunk people out of the house and get him to sleep. Actually it wasn't that difficult either, he was so out of it he just slept like a rock on the couch.
Which left Nick, Sharon and I to chat mindlessly until 4AM. This conversation was also pretty damn weird. Bits of it involved Sharon wanting to wax/shave Nick's leg hair, about being slaves for a day and doing anything WITH/TO the slave, about guys being bastards and housemaids. I'm sure we talked about more things than that, I just don't remember what.
Having that said, Happy 22nd Birthday Hex!
ps: To preserve the birthday kid's integrity I won't post the photos up.
