Shanghai Night 2007
Whoa, I don't even know where to begin.
The last 3 weeks were absolutely insane. All those countless hours spent in meetings, sitting at the booth to get people to get tickets, to set up the decoration for the event, getting sponsors, food, cutlery, tablecloths, decoration material, get the audio system working, auditions, rehearsals was somehow pulled together in that small space of time.
I have to take my hat off to all of us; we actually made it!
I had to admit it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it wasn't as great as it could have been either.
___________________________________________________
Tuesday Night:
There we were sitting at the lounge until 1130PM getting the tables and chairs into position, getting the decorations ready to hang up (the hooks had to be left overnight so that it wouldn't fall off after we hung stuff on it), getting the audio system to work.
___________________________________________________
Wednesday Afternoon:
Not everything could be done up on Tuesday cause the tables, wine, helium tank, balloons, cutleries, crockery, chairs and the rest of the stuff would only be available at midday. There was the actual hanging of material, the table centerpieces and balloons to prepare. Apart from finishing the decorations, there was also the rest of the printed material to finish printing.
The blardy annoying shit about the entire ordeal was that the fire alarm kept going off. The first one was close to 4PM, and the next one a little while after we got back to work, and yet ANOTHER one after we got back in the lounge for the 2nd time. Goddamn it, if someone wanted to burn the uni, just do it once and do it properly, or just choose any other damn day to do it!
We finished (finally!) close to 5PM, and we felt pretty accomplished! =D The venue actually looked really nice once we were done; the balloons helped alot!
___________________________________________________
Wednesday Night:
The VIPs actually came early! @__@
minuspoint
Most of the night people were more interested in talking amongst themselves or whatever, the performances were drowned out by the crowd.
minuspoint
The PA system was actually working before the event began, but for some reason it just decided to screw up very early into the night. Which was what brought it downhill.
pluspoint
I love roasted duck!
pluspoint
Everyone looked so pretty! The Indians in their saris (and loads of jewellery and accessories - Tina looked really dressed up to the occasion! And Preeti too), the Chinese in their cheongsams and other traditional attires (Mel's and Titin's were really pretty! Not to mention Qi's too! If I'm not mistaken, Mel's is white with green flowers, Titin's was blue with gold flowers, and Qi's was white with underlying white decorations... Xin had this really regal looking top and her pants was really nice cause the reddish-orangish flower stood out beautifully amidst the black cloth).
Of course, there were the random people who decided to wear really.. really... erm.. ERM stuff. Like Lambert with his windbreaker, sweatpants and the murdered-wombat-hat and mingsheng with a Hawaiian shirt, shorts, slippers and shades.
Otherwise the people who were wearing formal wear were also really pretty that night~ X3
pluspoint
One of the VIPs sang Waltzing Matilda and played the harmonica! He was really really really good! And the best part of his performance was that he managed to draw the crowd's attention!
pluspoint
Another really really great performance was Catherine's wushu performance. I tell you, that one is breathtaking. It's really really good! No one will want to ruffle her feathers now~ X3
pluspoint
I wore my yukata that night. Almost immediately after I stepped out of the bathroom people wanted to take photos with me... It was kinda scary, but haha how can I not help but feel flattered? XP
minuspoint
I put my yukata on wrongly. *sigh* So stupidly embarassing. But noone really noticed it. Still.
minuspoint
I pity the emcees, they had to be on their feet all night! I also pitied the many many 'waiters' and 'waitresses' too... Also pitied Sab, she single-handedly washed all the dishes!
pluspoint
the after-party was good. Ah Hiau (bwahahha) really was damn the hiau that night.
pluspoint
whiskey+cola tastes nice.
randomfact
Idiot guys lifted the bloody sofa I was sleeping on WHILE I was sleeping on it.
randomfact
Officially finished 'finished' FINISHED with Shanghai Night at about 5AM, ended up waking at 1PM on Thursday.
minuspoint
I feel this kind of empty freedom now that we're done with it. And I feel like slacking so much I don't wanna do my assignments although I have 3 due in 9 days.
DAMNIT! T___________T
___________________________________________________
But all in all, I really want to give a big hug and all my thanks to everyone who made Shanghai Night what it was. It was worth all the blood, sweat and tears.
