a night at qba
For a little celebration of sorts, so the whole family went out and about for a night in town =)
- Ti did his Louis Armstrong voice.
- Korg did his Cookie Monster voice.
- Laugh.

Just to see how they set the tables.

As is with most hotel restaurants they offered bread. This bread reminds me of those Cinnabon rolls, but this one's savoury and teamed with salsa, its a good start.

Appetizers were very unique. The duck reminds me somewhat of Peking duck, but obviously pales in comparison. The lobster avocado thingy was nice though. =D


Then the mains. Didn't get to take photos of the side dishes cause we devoured them completely by the time I remembered to want to take a photo. Oh well..





This one was cool, they're supposed to lick the cream off the plate and down the shotglass WITHOUT using their hands. Before that was cooler, they had the bartender pick up something from her neck/shoulder using his mouth. That was real sporting of the dude!
Heh when I saw this I was reminded of a time I was in Melbourne, at Southbank. Ammie, her best friend, Ying and I were at dinner, and there was a bachelorette party going on. A group of Indian girls.. so yea they did stuff like ask this cute bartender for his number, stuff like that.. and then they came out and pointed at me. I was thinking, "Hmm, what's up with these people?" The bride-to-be pointed at me, then her, then made a heart sign. Could hear her friends saying "Hey that's not enough, go out there okay!" So yea I ended up being confessed to (hahah this is FUNNY lah!) and we took a photo (out of randomness la I suppose). Ammie was saying that I had this erm.. what was it, not-a-guy-yet-not-a-girl look, therefore I was specially chosen. haha!
Heheh the Kafelate really reminds me of this vial of drink that the Disney Evil Queen in Snow White forced herself to drink to look like an old hag. The glass is green too!


We ordered crepes (strangely enough, pronounced as "crap" haha!) and the dude came over to personally prepare it in front of us. Coolness!


Needless to say it tasted great lah.
Also had churros.

First time I had it was when Auntie Ming took us to this San Churros shop in North Brunswick. The churros there were fantastic! But we had chocolate overdose cause the chocolate sauce to dip the churros in were SUPER thick, and the chocolate drink in itself was thick too.. We actually needed water @__@
Anyway, one thing I find about chocolate dips here (both fondue in those HK-style shops and here) is that the chocolate is rather watery. Its abit bleargh. But but but the churros are very light and nice so its fitting as a dessert.
This was where it started to get REALLY interesting. Remember I was saying something about the cigar lounge earlier? hahah the waiter came up to us and said, "A cigar for you?" I seriously thought he meant the real thing, so I said "Whoa REALLY?!" to which he immediately responded, "No, no, these are edible!"
Reminds me of what chengwai did a looong time ago. Post here(heh I actually went to find it!)


Ti looks like the typical smoker. Haha for the record, none of us actually smoke.
They taste like dark chocolate covered with minute traces of truffle. We spent quite some time posing with them. I thought the idea was SO NOVEL! Chengwai we should go there sometime, heh then you can really have chocolate cigars =)
Ti and I took a quick walk around the bar downstairs. As we were completing the circle, this dude comes up and asks me (not my 17-year-old YOUNGER brother, mind you) "How old are you?"
WTF LAH.
So I tell him I'm 21. I dunno if the music is too loud or he just doesn't believe me, but he kept asking me to repeat myself. Sheesh man. When we left I told my dad about it, and he said "You should have told him "Try harder next time. Dude, that's gotta be the LAMEST and OLDEST pickup line in the book!" *laughs!
After a very fulfilling dinner, we decided to take a walk on the floor below Starhill Gallery. It's a bunch of restaurants and bars, VERY nice designs, unique indeed. Didn't go snapping photos and all cause I felt abit conscious.. haha! But just appreciated the design. However, we did have some fun at this quirky little path leading to the JW Mariott hotel.

While we waited for random people to go bathroom, we decided to pose outside Fendi. Oh randomness we love you so. =D

Even on the ride home we had lots of crap to talk about (I partly blame the after-dinner drinks we had)
"HelloMutu"And then there was another one...
Started with either me or ti going "HelloMoto, HelloMoto~".
me: "It would be funny if its called HelloMutu."
(we wtf-laughed at the thought.)
korg: "Hey what if this Indian guy decides to run his own mobile company, he'd call it HelloMutu and he would have this as a signature tune~"
(we wtf-laugh even more)
ti: "Hey so who's the lousiest among the X-Men?"
korg: "Beast is still the lousiest of the X-Men."
ti: "Jubilee also what, just throw fireworks at people, going "Hey look, fireworks!" and runs the other way.."
ti: "What is Professor X gonna do to fight against the Sentinels anyway? Ram his wheelchair against them?" -"That's why he's sitting at home LAH.. "
me: "Hah Gambit's pretty cool what.. "
ti: "Yea, can make things explode.. Just like that guy from One Piece who picks his nose and turns them into explosive stuff."
(we wtf-laughed at the thought of Gambit doing this.. habislah airmukanya jika betul-betul berlaku..)
