Monday, November 15, 2004

glorious works of the mind

oh yes. I made several discoveries. and was greatly enlightened.

Roger Lancelyn Green - Tales of the Greek Heroes

Now Ganymede was a handsome young prince of Troy whom Zeus had chosen to be cup-bearer to the Immortals and assist his daughter Hebe in waiting on them as they feasted in golden Olympus. So he sent a great eagle to carry Ganymede up to heaven; and he gave Tros in exchange two magic white horses which could run over the sea or the standing corn as lightly and as swiftly as the wind.

It caught my eye cause I was thinking of Cowboy Bebop..It's Jet's home planet. XP And definitely nothing like the Disney adaptation. Come on.. it's a far, far cry. Hercules killed; He went mad, he killed his wife Megara, the one he supposedly married in the end of the Disney movie. He had another wife too~ and NO, he is NOT son to Hera and Zeus. No siree! Hercules(the latin version) or Heracles(the greek version) was actually son to Alcmena and Zeus. Hera hated Hercules' guts cause Zeus went cajoling with a mortal woman and had a son.. like duh, who wouldn't?!

And now I'm reading The Jungle Book. I'm mad. I'm mad. And I heartily conclude that this one is nothing like the Disney version either. I love the original better. Miles better. Mowgli was definitely smart, and Baloo is alot more violent; a few 'pats' nearly beat Mowgli till he was half-dead; and Shere Khan the tiger is lame and he was killed by Mowgli who practically mowed Shere Khan with a herd of buffaloes he was herding while he was temporarily staying in the Indian village nearby his home Jungle. Bagheera is such a cynical panther...his pride is his life, and he was so unwilling to admit that he cried for Kaa's help when he was being badly beaten up by the Bandar-log(monkeys)~ And I looove the Lone Wolf; now a 'Dead Wolf' cause he missed his kill once. yes, the Laws of the Free People, the wolves.

Then sorely went to study physics. XD funny that I don't have much to say about it. I find the Jungle Book so much more enthralling. I really do.