Monday, January 26, 2009

chiu ek!

Finished Week 4 Day 1 with a max of 65.

Looks like I didn't miscount the previous time. It starts to get a bit more intimidating once the number goes beyond 50. @_@ But I will make it! I was thinking of skipping today but something got the better of me, telling me to just buck up and do it. I need it anyway. That's the way to go. Push your lazy arse to doing something and you'll kinda enjoy it in the end =P I shall ask cw to go climbing again, I miss monkeying around! Next week, next week!
________________

First day of the Chinese New Year.

Didn't start off really well, cause there were tempers flared.. which is usually a taboo on the first day. But it didn't last for long after... we were busy with the usuals, prayers, and mass burning of paper offerings (darn I don't know how the guys brave the flames and *stupidly* throw entire textbooks' thickness of papers in)
________________

The fun started after Uncle Daniel and family came over! XD I haven't met the twins in such a long time, gosh they're growing taller! Alya complained a little bout her dress (she's got the boy-ey flair about her! *high-fives*) and looks like a sensible-ish type. =P Sean is still as funny as ever although I always remembered him to be abit quiet.. but I'm glad they're still crazy XD all kids should be.. otherwise people wouldn't be so inspired and awed by them =D

I notice there's always the first few minutes of awkwardness.. you know, the type when you haven't seen someone in a really long time. I don't know, maybe I'm not good with introductions (or good with kids, for that matter) or what. It was kinda quickly resolved when we heard the loud beating of drums and the clang of cymbals. So we ran across to the house opposite the field where they were having a lion dance.. complete with firecrackers too!

note: I'd plumb forgotten about the eclipse and the warning to not go out.. but once I realized this, I can't leave the kiddos out there alone! So yea.

Anyway that part over... we headed back to my house. And I remember thinking "gosh what do I do with these kids?!"

So I brought them upstairs and let them play with the shawl thingy that mom & I bought at Marks & Spencers.. which led to rummaging my cupboard for more "playthings" that included my white scarf, masquerade mask, 2 yukatas, silver belt, sunglasses, geta, obi, red sash, trench coat, Ikea apron... I cannot remember what else I used. I only remember digging my cupboard every 5 mins to find something for them to wear. So for a moment we had a wicked witch obaba style, ninja chef, a secret agent with an umbrella, trying to hide some "secret national weapon", the samurai getting mauled by 3 girls... I don't know what else. It was really fun to watch =P

When my mom caught us smack in the middle of our fun, she herded them downstairs which somehow was greeted by delighted laughs (oh the joy that parents get from watching their kids do the funnest stuff and allowing them to snap photos which will be kept as blackmail in their later stages of life) which resulted in them getting their photos taken. I've got my own photos but you know, I'll try to save the last scraps of dignity for my own viewing XD

Oh, that was bucketloads of fun. But also gave me this idea that I should be able to fit into smaller clothes (haha yes I'm fat, I know that! So what =P)
________________

I think I'm going to get a sore throat, or that I'm at the early stages of one. Blasted throat. *sigh. I thought idiots don't fall sick easily.
________________

May the year of the Ox bring us more fun adventures, more ups than downs and that it'll carry us through what looks like a difficult period ahead for most. Maybe it might mean that we'd have to work as diligently as one, but it definitely doesn't mean suffering all the way through! =)