Thursday, January 22, 2009

a recap of a full-day outing.. and some

Thursday was a day of outings =)

Haven't met ojimaru in the longest time~~ so it was nice to see him again =P Haha I don't know if I was talking nonstop, or we were talking nonstop... it just seemed to keep going and going.. @_@ man I can't keep my mouth shut. As in, we still had so much rubbish to talk about. Random Question: Does a guy-girl pair automatically garner a "this has to be a couple" reaction? @_@ Haha luckily it doesn't happen to my bro and I, that would be so funny.

That, and InkHeart was a pretty good movie, I thought. I don't exactly like Brandon Fraser but the story for this is quite nice. I love the snotty aunt who absolutely adores books and has a sharp wit, tongue and gutsy to boot! I hope to at least have some of these traits when I'm her age =P The concept of fiction coming to life is quite cool, like the ticky-tocky crocodile, Minotaur, Rapunzel, a unicorn, flying monkeys.. (haha a cookie for you if you know which stories these creatures come from) The fire-blowing dude Dustfinger is quite contradictory - he looks cool but is so cowardly.. but his street performance is really cool! I think the shirt-stripping part is just to get the ladies to swoon (haha!) And Fareed is funny, and cute in a way. He's definitely lackey material, he gives bear hugs to Dustfinger and likes to keep close to him - sort of .. so make your own conclusions. =P

But what I loved best about this movie was that it was about my most favourite thing in the world - books =) (well that, music, and shirohiro - I can't really seperate the three) I love their profound love for books (the protagonists) and even for the villains, they would have to read the book to know what books to throw at the Silvertongues to get what they want. I cannot believe how people can completely skip on what could be the greatest hobby ever, makes me feel really happy that I love to read XD

After that we went to the bookshops (Borders & MPH) to look at some really random book titles, browse some really weird books.. and spent most of our time ogling concept art for all Pirates of the Carribean movies until we realized we were running late (him to fetch his mom, me to go meet up the 2nd party @ Pyramid) so we sorta left without finishing our ogling at the book. DARNN =P (just remembered that I was supposed to go get Romeo & Juliet just for the sake of trying to read a Shakespeare play)
____________

Was stuck in a horrendous jam from home all the way to Sunway. That's about an hour of slow crawling and worrying that I won't make it in time for the movie. But I did! And just in time.. sort of. 10 minutes to time. Ben, Cal, CW,YK and Jord were there! XD Haven't met up with Cal since he got back, and I haven't met Ben in ages~~ he's having fun being a kindy teacher and getting run over by a pack of wild kids I guess =P

So anyway.. Movie #2: Underworld - Rise of the Lycans. Story here is very simple, but action was too fast to catch anything. It's like before you know it, a flash of moonlight hitting a blade, the sound of blades clashing, and some blood starts to stain the walls and stone streets.

Despite his very cold exterior to the extent that his duty preceeds his family, I admire Viktor for his composure and his level-headedness. And those eyes are super cool, it so pays to be a vampire XD His character was the most outstanding to me. Respect!

The main female is pretty and fits the character, and is a rare figure since I'm sure at the time where this story takes place, ladies of the court are meant to *stay* in the court and do needlework or whatever feminine activity, but she goes beyond the walls of the castle to fight, ride a horse gallantly and has the wit but not the emotional composure that her father has. And as stupid as a girl in love will usually be.

Lucien was kind of.. hmm.. strange. I don't know, something didn't really click with me. Maybe because his actions in the story were very, very predictable. The two most prominent ones: "Chick in danger -> rescue!" and "Getting kicked about -> fight back!" But the transforming bit is still cool =)
____________

After the movie, YK, CW and I went to Asia Cafe.. cause when I reached Pyramid there wasn't time to eat, so I ate after. Started to relate some schoolday stories, and I have some sort of label stuck on me. geez, The Demon at work again. =P