nye
It was a hectic day from start to finish. And I loved every moment of it. Should make it an annual thing ^__^
The BBQ dinner was quite a last-minute thing, really.. Mom & I were pretty worked up about it so yea we went shopping at the wet market in the morning... that was probably the first time I remember buying so many chicken wings at once.. The bulk of the cleaning was done by my lovely crazy maid and we just marinated the whole lot of meat and stored it in the fridge (fuuh after this I was considering going vegetarian, but... nah~)
We went out for lunch that day at Selangor Club, and who would I chance upon having lunch at the coffeehouse if not for Jyan! Such a surprise, yes =3
Most of the afternoon was spent lazying around, tertidur sekejap, read more creepy posts on LYN, read more stupid antics on Not Always Right, and re-read a little of the Graveyard Book.
_____________
Attendees for this year's NYE madness were: Reeis, El, Jyan & CW. That's enough craziness packed into one, but shall keep in mind to try and stuff in more madness for the following year XD
one point of observation: my guests are out to get me =_______=
Dinner was a fun and yummy affair, although smoke gets into your face half the time...it was good XD most liked the bacon+pineapple kebabs (I do too!) and I love the chicken wings! chicken wings, chicken wings! =3 The salad was alright, cause I liked the dressing (some random Italian dressing I found in the supermarket) and and garlic bread.. In between we stuffed alot of laughs and reminisced about dissection in high school (during dinner, go figure)
Dessert was... mmmmmmmmm~ good! *drools* EL I WANT TO KNOW HOW YOUR DAD MADE THAT YUMMY TONG YUEN! The mini cornettos that reeis bought was well-appreciated too, but the watermelon CW brought I think we sorta forgot about it.. but it will be eaten! Cause I like watermelon =3
hmm after that we were watching some series, numb3rs and CSI methinks. Oh too bad for Eric! Why do they have to screw up the cooler guys in the show.. such a killjoy, but such drama I suppose =P
Left for 1U at about 1115PM.. us being the TV generation have to sit at the TV for as long as we can.. =P The 1U park really is the best place to catch fireworks. Quote Reeis, you can catch the fireworks in full 360degrees and can see both the fireworks from The Curve and 1U's right above us. It was breath-taking, and simply too awesome for words and/or pictures or videos, for that matter.. El videoed, and well I guess rather than having nothing to remember it by, its a chance to grab everything we can of the magic of the fireworks we saw that night.
More embarassing photos on facebook for that. Yellow shorts never fail to grab attention.
We returned to my place to down a bottle of wine within a half hour. And laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh. That was good =)
_____________
The first 2 days of the new year passed quite quickly. Quite a lazy affair - just the way I like it. And taking 2 days just to write this up just because I'm lazy, well.. that kinda explains my state of mind. *rolls around*
Also intro-ed el to the wonder of Keen's chicken rice and char kuay teow XDXD All hail the greatness that is chicken rice and char kuay teowww~~ *drools!
Heading to Raub for the weekend to catch up with the lolcat fatty. We're bringing him his emergency rations and just to see what he looks like with a crew cut... He should be doing fine, he's a survivor~ And next weekend I'll be in Singapore to catch up with some people I haven't met in a good year at least =) I'm looking forward to it~
