the Singapore trip! day 1
was really really really fun! touristy tourist had a good time there =)
Woke up at around 6am.. washed up, and I thought I was packed and ready to go... just to find out that the main compartment zipper was totally busted. So I had to do quick re-packing into another backpack. *phew* Made it to the bus stop at around 730ish.. and Sharon came a little later. So there we are sleepy yet excited XD
The bus ride was quite nice really, seats with enough leg space and reclining chairs enough to be a makeshift bed (if you bring your smelly pillows and all) Immigration was fast too.. just a backpack after all.. so that was fine =) And then we were in Singapore! This was my initial impression: Everywhere you look, it's high-rise building after high-rise building after... you get the picture. Somewhat reminds me of Brunei though but definitely more packed. Eileen met us at Novena and we went to have a quick lunch..
Thank goodness for cw's Ezlink card she lent me, it's such a lifesaver! After dropping our stuff off, we headed for Boogey Bugis by bus and train. Now how I wish we had better public transport here.. ahem. Anyway. We went across to Bugis Village, and there's heaps of stuff there.. kinda like the Petaling Street of Singapore but filled with Taiwanese-inspired clothing and all. Cheapish and goodish XD Quite a few lingerie shops.. but mostly clothes and bags and funky stuff that borders on being lala if you don't know how to wear it right. Saw this ribbon thing but at a price of $8 I don't think it's worth it. If it was $5 I woulda gotten it. I think. It just looks very fun.
Met up with Byron and Dom later in the day just as I was leaving for Tampines to meet up with Uncle Ho. So we hung about the fountain area.. and then I left by train. Blardy the train is so packed with people all the time, all day all night..
Had dinner at this place called the Soup restaurant.. not at Tampines Mall but the one next to it which I don't remember the name. The ginger+chicken thing is YUMMYYY XD actually all of it was pretty yummy.. and it was my only restaurant meal, I suppose I felt sorta bad la cause I bet it didn't come cheap either. But it's really really good XD
Stayed the night at their place... which is really small but just enough. =) Simple and neat and has just about everything. Read Elaine's RD all the way till 12-something.. XD This month's issue is pretty good =) Oh their bathroom is so small and quaint! And really *just* enough for you to do everything you do in a bathroom.
