Tuesday, February 21, 2006

2nd day of orientation

To my surprise, LT1 was….pretty empty. Maybe there were a lot of ffk-ers, but having about the number of people countable with both hands and feet was abit overwhelming. I thought I had entered the wrong room too.

Saw Penny (if I read her name correctly, her name is Ben Ni, but she prefers Penny. Okay then~) and took a seat. Unlucky lass had accidentally hit another car while she was parking.

It started with a short speech from the Head of Faculty, whose manner of speech (slightly mumbling) reminded me of my dad. Next up was Ms. Vernessa who did a lot of explaining. Fuuuh. Couldn’t really sleep then as we had to fill the first 2 rows. Damn.

Then the student assistants who were our ‘shepherds’ (I don’t know what else to substitute this with; ‘tour guide?’ That doesn’t really fit the bill as they did other things apart from show us around campus.)

The gist of it was an ice-breaking session~ where we did quite abit of silly things >_> It was like playing party games for preschoolers. XP I’m not saying this out of spite, but it’s the truth. How else do kids interact? The best part was that there was a photographer while we were playing ‘Picture Perfect’. *gasps in horror* All those really stupid poses we took. @___@ Well, the interesting part was that there were students from other countries, like China, Indonesia and Singapore. I only know the girls’ names, they’re easier. Lessee, apart from me, there’s Sarah, Santi, Natasha and Penny. Just the 5 of us that day – the rest were guys. But I do know the China student is okay-looking (wahahah) and there’s this guy Alvin whom we used rather cruelly as we forced him to be a zebra and a pole. Maannn, I’m not good with names… >__<

I do remember the shepherds’ names though, since they were wearing tags. Lemme see if I can get this right; Kimberly, Shirley, Gerel, Kokum and Seng Kiat. They’re all pretty fun as they were sporting as well as chatty - I suppose it is part of the criteria. 2 IT students, 2 Communication students, and one Engineering student.

What I didn’t want to sit for but had to (hey, after hearing Kokum say “It sucks, but it’s important…” quite bluntly was interesting) was as expected, boring. Why is it that all library orientations I’ve attended are boring? Taylor’s and Monash. Both minus points.*shrugs*