Exploring~ part 1
Dad went to office today to ‘work’ for awhile. So I strolled about KLCC. The sleepy shopping mall was waking up to the day as people slowly trickled in… You have no idea how weird (and strangely pleasing) it is to be the only customer browsing in a bookstore. XD Times was just open, the workers were still readying the place (i.e. dusting the shelves and rearranging books and stuff) and I just walked in to browse. Thud is still in hardcover (wait abit more reeis XD) and I was just wondering what the difference was between the 2 versions of MirrorMask I found. One’s the film screenplay (whoa this is thick) and the other thinner one is the main story. Why have two?
Then I went to the bigger kinokuniya upstairs on the 4th floor. I saw this really really really neat book on DVD covers. Very nice~ the ideas were cool, and you had to be good to come up with those. Some retro, some super modern, some contemporary, some…just good. XD I really don’t mind if I’m able to say “sometimes I buy DVDs on a whim just because the cover looks nice.” (a quote found in the book, not word for word though) XD It featured DVDs of…hmm…FLCL (gasp XP I just had to mention this first because it happens to be the only anime DVD in the entire book), Gorillaz ‘Demon Days’, Star Wars, most of it on live concerts and music videos (like Coldplay’s 2003 concert tour), and most of it are European products. But still, very nice to have in the sitting room if your guests are just browsing. I don’t mind having one of those as a collection. If I even get around to starting my own.
Since there’s liyen’s and bobby’s do on Saturday, and I have no idea where they actually stay, dad and I took a long drive out. No time for both places (we had to go back for lunch) so we went out to scout liyen’s place. Hers didn’t even take 10 minutes, it’s fairly easy to find. *thank goodness*
The silliest of things we talked about had something to do with living in an uppity area (and being uppity ourselves, of course), each of my friends having IDs (o_o) and a ranking system (it dictates that if you don’t get an ‘A’ within a period of 6 months, you’re out) making it sound like some popularity contest. >_> I can’t believe we were talking about this, but we did. <_<
