Friday, July 14, 2006

gather round!

It’s 3pm. I’m supposed to be making my potato, salad, but I’m glued to my PC playing Diner Dash 2. The guys are watching ‘A Knight’s Tale’ on TV downstairs. It’s so perfect, but things get better.

4pm. Finally I get my lazy ass off the chair to start making salad.

5pm. Almost done. hou calls to say he’ll be here @ 530pm. Craaap, I haven’t even taken my bath yet. Run, run, run!

hou arrives @ 515pm, much to my dismay. I tell him to make himself at home, and he takes the liberty to sleep while I get ready. Apparently he slept @ 5am yesterday and he doesn’t want his parents to interrogate him on his results, so he pops by on pretext of picking me up and transport the bbq pit in his few-day-old Innova. Definitely more luxorious compared to his Prado, but his Prado remains his first love since he prefers a manual to an auto. On top of which the interior is cram-coloured, which makes it easier to stain. We start off from my place @ 6pm to pick up huahua and bobby, and consequently since the timing is right, his brother from school.

I think it’s about 7 when we reach his place. Set up the tables and chairs, start the fire (here his apparent love for pyrotechnics surfaces) and sit around waiting for the rest, who are waiting for mishan @ SS15 McD’s. We have short attention span, so to prevent wreaking havoc we direct our attention to eating cheese nachos and talking about everything and anything.

!!! hou’s mom still recognizes me despite the fact that I had a haircut and haven’t been to the house for…3 months? *whistles* what memory.

Kim reaches at about 730pm, and the rest at about 8pm (traffic conditions while everyone is rushing to get back home/go partying isn’t exactly very fun). And first thing kenken asks me; “What happened to you?” like I’ve been run over repeatedly by a truck. *laughs* don’t worry kenken, I’m not offended. =D Almost immediately after they arrive sooguan, kenken, bobby and huahua head to the kitchen to watch sooguan prepare sticks and sticks galore (well there actually wasn’t enough to go around; he didn’t buy enough bacon) of bacon wrapped around sausages. Smells heavenly when you barbecue them, tastes like haven when you set it between your teeth XD Sooguan, if there ever is such a thing as culinary engineering you’d thrive XD jiun brought chicken wings and sausages which the people outside (on the porch) – namely hh, tj, wh, mishan, aaron, guohun got to work barbecuing, mostly making crude jokes and laughing over each other’s cooking skills, not to mention DoTA and girls.

Dinner is mainly sitting around a makeshift seating of 3 foldable tables and plastic chairs strewn in strategic positions on the porch, a mess of cutlery and food on the tables, and the constant running to the pit to see if the food was getting cooked/burnt; drinks in a cooler next to hh and tj, and… sooguan I think. An hour and a half later, we’re feeling full – most of the food was finished (my Tupperware of potato salad was literally licked clean XD, a largish platter of hou’s mom’s chocolate fudge was finished as well, on top of the bacon wrapped around sausages, and more sausages drowned in butter and honey over the fire) except for maybe the chicken wings and the marshmallows which some of us took the liberty to toast them (in case you didn’t know it’s fun and nice to eat since the outside’s slightly toasted and the inside is gooey XD)

Bobby and huahua had to leave early, so hou sent them off. After they left, kwokthye came to drop off his car while he headed off somewhere with another friend of his. A word comes to mind; trust. And awhile after he left, denny and andrew came. Denny’s hair got cut short – makes him look like a goody-two-shoes high school student XP Sat around in front of the house outside the gate since we’re planning to go to have a late night drink (ie mamak XD) soon after.

So here ends my narrative; I didn’t go with them to Starbucks (although I would have loved to) since hou couldn’t go – he’s the one sending me home, after all.

!!! Kwokthye’s Vios Rocks X3.