Thursday, July 6, 2006

Superman Returns

Has to be one of the funniest shows I've watched in awhile. Well if you have pretty weird trail of thought like me, and you've watched the movie, you'll know where it is that I'm laughing. There were quite a number of ironic scenes, I caught myself saying "Hey, wait a minute.." It's ironic to a point it gets hilarious.

Lois Lane, well... she is pretty. But snot really what I expected. I don't know why, but it didn't exactly fit into my idea of her as Lois. Maybe it's just that I'm too used to seeing Teri Hatcher acting the part in the TV series (I know, it's freaking old already... =___=) In the movie, she seems abit lost. Now she's not with Superman but with another guy (Richard White) but yet you can see more chemistry between her and Superman compared to Richard (her fiancee? not too sure bout the relationship, it's barely given mention in the movie) which makes me wonder which part of this facade looks believable?!

Jason (Lois' s son) is unbelievably cute though. Who'd have thought...*smiles* Superman has NOT been a goody two shoes you think he is. oops. XP

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but in this one part of the movie Richard looks alot like Clark. @__@ I mean without the hair slicked back, but drenched. I don't know what made me think so, and I don't know what I was thinking at the time. Must be one of those random conclusions I jump to. But his character isn't given much screentime to be fully explored.

Clark. hmm. hmm. I like him. I mean his eyes and his hair makes him look good. X3 His character is well, shy, shy and shy. And maybe his love life is that bit pathetic. Come on la, have some guts.

Lex looks like Professor X if you just gave him a passing glance. And damn he's so childish. @__@ Who'd have thought that was possible? Even the cartoon series Lex was portrayed as some "cool dude with the greens and brains" kinda guy. Not only that, he's been given some stupid attempts at slapstick humor to act out which must be someone's idea of a sick joke. To any Lex Luthor fan who thinks he's going to be cool or whatever, prepare a barf bag. Not only is HE childish, his female-bimbo partner and his oh-so-stupid-I-should-kill-myself henchmen are equally as stupid as he is. @__@ The setup for the antagonists are so disappointing, I actually expected better.

Their world is kinda jumbled up. How long did Superman take to fly back to his home planet, roll around in the dirt and get back? Here I thought they had that retro-old-world thingy going, from the way they dress to the cars they drive (let's say around 1960s to 1980s) and out of nowhere *poof* you have a camera phone, LCD, desktops, laptops...well or it could just be that he took THAT long, since his mother's already pretty aged and Lois has a son.

The action scenes were pretty nat though. Of course, while the hero saves the day, I just keep wondering of all the silly things;

"Hey, now that he threw his clothes down the lift shaft, how's he gonna get 'em back?"
"Howcome that curly thingy on his hair seems to be stationary no matter what he does?"
"How can his hair and cape flap so gently and always in place while he's *flying faster than a speeding bullet*?"
"How would he know where the center of gravity of a huge pile of rock be at a glance? Won't he be like some unicyclist constantly moving from side to side to keep it in balance?"

My conclusion: I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10, mainly for the laughs it provided, the action and Jason. The loss of points came was mainly due to the unbelievably childish roles of the antagonists.